Whitfield Center Events
The Lens: Dr. David Dockery
April 6, 2015
The Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership will host Dr. David Dockery. Dr. Dockery will present three lectures on Christian Higher Education in the 21st Century. Lecture topics and times are as follows:
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm - Reclaiming the Christian Intellectual Tradition
- 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm - Spiritual, Theological, and Character Formation
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm - Exploring Current Challenges and Opportunities
April 9, 2015
SYNC is a conference for pastors, pastoral staff and marketplace leaders interested in producing strategic change through missional means and ideas. The Conference consists of main sessions with keynote speakers, lunch discussions and evening worship. Guest presenters include: Dr. Alvin Reid, D.A. Horton, & Will Browning.
- Defining the Culture
- Modeling a Ministry of Multiplication
- Church Revitalization
- What Does the Gospel Look Like?
Southeast Regional Meeting of the Conference on Christianity and Literature
April 9-11, 2015
Keynote speaker Roger Lundin from Wheaton College will lecture on the the subject "It's Only Natural(ism): Questioning and Responding to the Master Narrative of Late Modernity."
2015 Southeast Regional Conference of the Fellowship of Companies for Christ International
April 17-18, 2015
FCCI returns to the Whitfield Center to gather FCCI members, as well as other Christian business leaders in the Southeastern United States, to equip and encourage them to "operate their businesses and conduct their personal lives in accordance with biblical principles."
Friday April 17
- Informal fellowship & dinner in Charleston – Contact Steve Campbell for details – firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, April 18
FCCI Showcase, Building Lives Together--Transforming Business through Christ at the Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership, Charleston Southern University
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM David and Jean Branton, Cornerstone Surveying & Engineering and Cornerstone Information Services
- Every aspect of their business is committed to advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and pointing all to him.
- For nearly 20 years, they have lived out their faith through their businesses, modeled the love of Christ in creative ways and effectively used their business as a platform for ministry [see David's bio below]
- David will unpack the great tool, Character First and explain how it is used to positively impact employee participation, efficiency and profitability.
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Jimmy Collins, Former Chick-fil-A President & COO--7 Key Principles of Creative Followership
- Jimmy will teach live on the 7 keys to his concept of Creative Followership. [The session will be video recorded for use as part of the Creative Followership Resources]
- Topics include: What is Creative Followership?, Everyone Likes Problems, The Shadow, Fire Your Boss, Choose Your Boss, Mustangs and Mules and much more.
- In this session, we will be joined by additional CSU undergrad, MBA students and Chick-fil-A staff
- 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM Chick-fil-A buffet lunch and casual interaction with Jimmy Collins--[Spinach Salad, Classic and Grilled Chicken Sandwiches & dessert]
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Peter Freissle, President of Polydeck Screen Corporation, Business/Faith integration and an invitation to launch local groups