About The Charleston Southern University Library
The purpose of the L. Mendel Rivers Library is to support the mission of Charleston Southern University by providing students and faculty with bibliographic, physical, and intellectual access to recorded knowledge and information. The primary responsibility of the library is to support the instructional program of the University through information literacy training and by acquiring, organizing, and providing access to appropriate information resources.
- To ensure that the resources of the library support the curricula of the University at an appropriate level.
- To provide appropriate assistance in using and interpreting the library collection.
- To provide appropriate access to material not held by the library.
- To enable students to develop and achieve the ACRL Information Literacy Standards for Higher Education.
- To provide adequate physical facilities to house, service, and make the library collection and services easily accessible to faculty and students.
L. Mendel Rivers Library
Charleston Southern University
9200 University Boulevard
Charleston, SC 29423