Student Group Study Rooms
Student Group Study Rooms are for the exclusive use of Charleston Southern University students with a valid University ID card.
Your email address must end in @csustudent.net to reserve a room.
Rooms may not be used for clubs, recreation, regularly scheduled meetings, or for campus departmental business, including meetings with classroom instructors for regular office hours.
The following activities are not allowed in the Study Rooms: painting, practicing music, partying, holding office hours, classes, or activities that are disruptive to others.
Anyone failing to abide by the policies governing the use of the Study Rooms may be denied future use of the rooms.
- A Study Room may only be used by checking out a key from the Circulation Desk on the main level
- Study Rooms are NOT available on Saturdays
- Study Room checkout period is for a 2-hour block
- Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance
- At least 2 students in the group must be present to check out a room
- The student checking out the room will leave her/his University ID card at the Circulation Desk
- At the end of the designated checkout period or renewal period, all students must vacate the room. If the person checking out the room leaves early, all parties must leave as well
- No individual student may use a group study room
- One renewal allowed, except during final exams
- Fine - $1.00 per hour overdue
- Rooms left unoccupied for more than 10 minutes will be forfeited
- No food, uncovered drinks, or tobacco of any kind
- Lights are to be turned on while the room is occupied
- Chairs may not be added or removed from the rooms
- Conversation should be held to a reasonable level, as rooms are not soundproof
- Rooms must be left with door locked, lights off, and in a clean condition
- The Library is not responsible for personal property left in rooms