Career Fashion Show, February 28, 6 - 8 p.m. in WCCL 102-103
Spring Career Expo, April 12, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. in WCCL 102-103
Job expos and career fairs can be critical tools for job search success whether job-seekers
use them to get internships or jobs, or whether job-seekers use them as a networking
tool for future employment. Our twice yearly career expos are designed to connect
students and grads with local and national recruiters from a variety of businesses
and graduate schools to discuss employment and grad programs. See what employers attended the previous Career Expo.
The Volunteer Fairs provide a venue for students to connect with multiple community
volunteer opportunities. Charleston Southern University provides opportunities for
the campus to participate in two areas of Civic Engagement: Service Learning and Community
Service. CSU students track their volunteer hours and print a Service Transcript through
Buc Service on MyCSU.
The Career Center posts internship positions from local, national, and international
organizations on the BucCareer Network. Businesses post and update internship positions and their status on a daily basis.
Revisit the BucCareer Network list of available internships regularly for the most
current listings. Additional internship opportunities are available through the “Summer
Internship” tab at the bottom of this page.
The Career Center offers current students internship opportunities through a structured
educational process that integrates academics and hands-on work experience. An Applied
Learning Internship through the Career Center may be used as an option to satisfy
your departmental requirement. This college internship may be full- or part-time,
paid, and although internships may be may be unpaid, we strongly encourage businesses
to provide a stipend to cover travel expenses.The internship requires a minimum of 120 hours of supervised work in an approved business
or professional work setting. Internships are designed to allow the student to focus
on important career topics such as organization, culture, decision-making, leadership,
values and ethics in the workplace.
Work experience is a vital part of career preparation and internships provides students
with experiences which integrate academic studies and professional interests. Students
have the opportunity to learn through productive work experiences in a field related
to your career goal.
- Acquire essential practical skills in a professional setting
- Investigate full-time job leads in the future
- Develop professional and personal skills
- Make informed career decisions
- Begin the process of networking with potential employers
- Apply theories learned in the classroom to a real world setting
- Ease the transition from student to professional
Meet with your academic advisor to obtain prior approval
Apply through the BucCareer Network. If you do not have an account, register and your account verification will be emailed
to you with 24-48 hours, except on weekends
Select the Internships & Profile tab, and submit an Enrollment Form.
Students should have a maximum of 15 credits in the semester in which they are applying
Review the APPLE internship postings on the BucCareer Network for an internship that meets your academic and career needs
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an acceptance letter
Your acceptance letter will direct you to the mandatory online Applied Learning Orientation
and confirm program guidelines
Students will be permitted to accumulate hours only after completion of the required Orientation and signature approval of the Interview Form.
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior students are encouraged to enroll (1 credit hour). This course is designed to help students create a professional profile, develop
effective career planning skills, develop self-marketing skills through mock interviews,
create a winning portfolio, learn business etiquette, learn networking skills, salary
negotiation and learn effective job search skills. Final grade is calculated into
student GPA. The course is offered each fall and spring semester.
Graduate Programs, Tips & General Information
Graduate & Professional Exams
- GMAT | Graduate Management Admissions Test
- GRE | Graduate Record Examination
- LSAT | Law School Admission Test
- MAT | Millers Analogies Test
- MCAT | Medical College Admission Test
- PCAT | Pharmacy College Admission Test
- TOEFL | Test of English As a Foreign Language
- DAT | Dental Admissions Test
Graduate Exam Fee Reduction Programs
Fee waivers may be available for college students who meet eligibility criteria. Click
the links below to find out more.
GRE PRAXIS GMAT TOEFL
Check your Financial Aid Award status on My CSU. If you are a full-time, undergraduate student at Charleston Southern University and
have been awarded Federal Work-Study, we encourage you to apply for an off-campus
position with one of our nonprofit business and education partners.
1. Review the list of positions on the BucCareer Network all enrolled students have an account, simply follow the instructions to log in or
register with your personal email address
2. Select at least one site which meets your scheduling needs from the list of Federal Work-Study positions under Position Type.
3. Submit an Off-Campus Work Study application through the Student Employment website under job openings.
4. An email will be sent to you about setting up an interview time.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Direct Deposit Enrollment
- I-9 Form
- 2015 W-4
6. Student Employment will call or email you. Take the above forms with you to that
7. Complete the Off-Campus FWS Student Training PDF from The Career Center website
quick links menu on the right.
8. Confirm a start date with your site supervisor during the interview.
9. Confirm a start date with the Career Center after your interview (transportation
CONDUCT A CAREER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT VIA SKYPE!
Commuters, graduate students, distance learners, athletes and alumni are welcome to
take advantage of this free service. Call the Career Center at (843) 863-8019 to schedule an online meeting with a career counselor.