Roosevelt Loveless Jr.
P843-863-7142 / Erloveless@csuniv.edu
1999 Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN
2005 Squadron Officer’s School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL, by correspondence
2010 Master of Theological Studies, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
2011 Joint Forces Staff College, JPME II, Norfolk Naval Base, VA
2012 Master of Religious Education, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
Lieutenant Colonel Roosevelt Loveless, Jr., is the Commander, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 772 at Charleston Southern University. He commands, leads and directs a college-level officer training program while chairing the Department of Aerospace Studies in his role as full professor.
Lt Col Loveless entered the active duty Air Force in 1999 as a distinguished graduate of Air Force ROTC at Tennessee State University and attended pilot training at Naval Air Station Whiting Field, Florida. Upon completion of flight training, he was assigned to fly the C-130E at Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas, before being selectively chosen to fly the C-17A at Charleston Air Force Base, South Carolina. Lt Col Loveless’ operational experience spans 9 deployments to Southwest Asia and a staff tour to U.S. Africa Command where he served as an Operations Officer and Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff. He is a qualified Joint Specialty Officer.
Lt Col Loveless is a Command Pilot with over 3,900 flying hours, including over 1,300 combat hours in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE AND FREEDOM SENTINEL. Prior to his current position, Lt Col Loveless was the Director of Operations, 16th Airlift Squadron, 437th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1. February 1999–June 1999, Special Assistant to the Commander, Detachment 790, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN 2. June 1999–July 2000, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Naval Air Station (NAS) Whiting Field, FL 3. August 2000–May 2001, Student, Intermediate Pilot Training, NAS Corpus Christi, TX 4. May 2001–December 2005, Flight Commander and C-130 Aircraft Commander, Little Rock Air Force Base (AFB), AR 5. December 2005–April 2011, 15th AS Assistant Director of Operations; Flight Commander, Host Aviation Resource Management Office; 437th Operations Group Executive Officer; Instructor Aircraft Commander, Charleston AFB, SC (September 2009-January 2010, Deputy Chief, Airlift Control Team, 609th Combined Air and Space Operations Center, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar) 6. April 2011–April 2014, Deputy Branch Chief for North and West Africa, Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff, Joint Operations Center (JOC) Operations Officer, United States Africa Command, Moehringen, Germany 7. April 2014–October 2014, Director of Staff, 15th Airlift Squadron, Joint Base (JB) Charleston, SC 8. October 2014–May 2016, Instillation Inspector General, 628th Air Base Wing, JB Charleston, SC 9. June 2016–July 2018, Director of Operations, C-17A, 16th Airlift Squadron, JB Charleston, SC 10. July 2018–Present, Commander, AFROTC Detachment 772, Charleston Southern University, N. Charleston, SC
- SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
- April 2011–April 2014, Deputy Branch Chief for North and West Africa, J3; Executive Officer to the Chief of Staff; JOC Operations Officer, J3, United States Africa Command, Moehringen, Germany, as a major
- FLIGHT INFORMATION
- Rating: command pilot Flight Hours: more than 3,900 Aircraft Flown: T-34C, T-44, C-130 E/H, C-17A
- MAJOR AWARDS & DECORATIONS
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster Air Medal with 6 oak leaf clusters Aerial Achievement Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters Air Force Commendation Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters Joint Service Achievement Medal
- EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Second Lieutenant - Feb 8, 1999 First Lieutenant - Feb 8, 2001 Captain - Feb 8, 2003 Major - Sep 1, 2008 Lieutenant Colonel - March 1, 2014