Lt Col Billie Rothwell
Commander of Air Force ROTC Detachment 772
P843-863-7142 / Ebrothwell@csuniv.edu
2003 Bachelor of Science – Social Sciences, United States Air Force Academy, CO 2004 Expeditionary Communication Officer Training, Keesler AFB, MS
2005 Air and Space Basic Course (In Residence), Maxwell AFB, AL 2008 Network Operations Training, Keesler AFB, AL
2008 Squadron Officer School (In Residence), Maxwell AFB, AL
2009 NATO Communications and Information Systems School, Latina, Italy 2010 Cyber 200, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
2011 Advanced Communications Officer Training, Keesler AFB, MS
2013 Master of Science – International Relations, University of Oklahoma, OK 2013 Air Command and Staff College (In Correspondence)
2013 Intelligence Master Skills Course, Goodfellow AFB, TX 2014 Cyber 300, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
2017 Program Management Professional, Alexandria, VA 2018 Certified Info Systems Security Professional, Chantilly 2019 Air War College (In Progress)
2019 Information Tech Info Library Course, Chantilly, VA 2020 Certified Info Security Manager, San Antonio, TX
2021 AFROTC Detachment/CC IQT (In Correspondence)
Pursuing CISM and PMP certifications
Lieutenant Colonel Billie K. Rothwell serves as Commander of Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 772 in support of Charleston Southern University, headquartered at Air Education and Training Command, Maxwell AFB, AL. She is responsible for the training and mentoring of 47 officer candidates to graduate and enter the Air or Space Force as 2nd Lieutenants.
Lieutenant Colonel Rothwell entered the United States Air Force in 2003 as a graduate from the United States Air Force Academy with a Bachelor of Science in social sciences. Upon graduating, she attended Expeditionary Communication Officer Training at Keesler AFB to become a 33S Communications Officer and eventually transitioned to a 17D Cyber Operations Officer. Prior to her second command, she was the Commander of the 688th Operations Support Squadron providing Wing Intelligence, Weapons and Tactics, Operational Training, and Current and Future Operations support to 4 Operations Groups, 4 weapons systems and 3,400 members worldwide.
Lieutenant Colonel Rothwell has served in various organizations and leadership positions at the squadron, group, wing, Numbered Air Force, Intelligence Community agency, Joint, and Office of the Secretary of Defense.
Your Purpose. Our Mission.
'Your Purpose. Our Mission.' means that we produce quality leaders for the world’s greatest Air and Space Forces.Lt Col Billie Rothwell
- 2003-2006 OIC Plans Flight; Network Element Chief, 1st Comm Squadron, Langley AFB, VA. 2006-2007 Executive Officer & Logistics Flight CC, 607 Air Support Ops Group, Osan AB, ROK. 2007-2008 Plans & Implementation Flt Commander, 607 Air Comm Squadron, Osan AB, ROK. 2008-2010 Mission Systems Branch Chief, Mission Support Squadron, Geilenkirchen AB, GE. 2010-2011 Director of Operations, Communication Information Squadron, Geilenkirchen AB, GE. 2011-2014 Officer-In-Charge, AFISR C&A Branch & Chief, AF IC Security Coordination Center, HQ AF Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland AFB, TX. 2015 Deputy Chief, Network Operations Division, 625th Operations Center, 25 NAF, Lackland AFB, TX. 2015-2017 Executive Support Officer, Secretary of Defense Communications, Washington D.C. 2017-2019 Deputy Director, Customer Group, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, VA 2019-2021 Commander, 688th Operations Support Squadron, Lackland AFB, TX. 2021- Present Commander, AFROTC Detachment 772, Charleston Southern University.
- MAJOR AWARDS & DECORATIONS
- Defense Meritorious Service Medal (1 OLC), Meritorious Service Medal (1 OLC), Joint Service Commendation Medal Air Force Commendation Medal, Joint Service Achievement Medal, Air Force Achievement Medal (1 OLC), AF Outstanding Unit Award (2 OLC), AF Organizational Excellence Award (1 OLC), National Defense Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal (1 OLC), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal
- EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- 2003 Second Lieutenant, 2005 First Lieutenant, 2007 Captain, 2013 Major, 2018 Lieutenant Colonel