Financial Aid Office

Hunter Center
9200 University Blvd., North Charleston, SC 29406

Graduate Aid

Opportunities exist to obtain financial aid for graduate programs. See below for more information.

Graduate Tuition

MA in Organizational Leadership, Traditional & Blended, per credit hour*$575
MA in Organizational Leadership, Online, per credit hour* $650
MS in Management, Online, per credit hour* $650
MS in Business Analytics, per credit hour* $650
MS in Project Management, per credit hour* $650
MS in Supply Chain Management, per credit hour*$650
MS in Human Resource Management, Traditional and Blended, per credit hour* $575
MS in Human Resource Management, Online, per credit hour* $650
Master of Education, per credit hour$450
MBA, Flexible Delivery, Traditional and Blended, per credit hour*$575
MBA, Flexible Delivery, Online, per credit hour* $650
MS in Computer Science, per credit hour*$525
MS in Criminal Justice, per credit hour*$525
MS in Clinical Counseling, per credit hour*$650
Master of Athletic Training, per credit hour*$625
MS in Nursing, per credit hour$625
MS in Biology, per credit hour*$625
MS in Physician Assistant Studies, per term$16,000
Doctorate of Physical Therapy Studies, per term$11,000
Doctorate of Education in Leadership, per credit hour$583

*All course materials are included in these rates.

Additional Fees

Physician Assistant (one-time fee in 1st semester)$1,500
Athletic Training Clinical (per semester)  $500
Graduation Fee $150
Late Graduation Request Fee $50
Graduation Reapplication Fee$50
Vehicle Permit Card (valid from Sept. 1 – Aug. 31)$15
Student ID Card replacement fee$10
Athletic Training, Nursing Insurance (assessed annually)$16

Note: Tuition charges and fees are subject to change, pending Board of Trustees’ approval.        


  • 100% of semester tuition and fees are due at the beginning of the semester.
  • Fees paid directly to the University are nonrefundable.

Tuition refunds are made as follows:

Refund Timeline Per Semester  

Before Classes Begin 100%
During 1st Week* 100%
During 2nd Week 25%
After 2nd Week 0%

*Prior to the end of the drop/add period


We accept scholarships, loans, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, VA funding and payment plans scheduled at To set up financial aid, outside scholarships, or outside loans contact graduate studies. To set up tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance and payment plans contact the Business Office at 843-863-8058. To set up VA funding, please contact admissions.

Your eligibility is determined based on your financial need. The maximum amount you will be eligible for any academic year is $20,500.

Yes, you have to renew your financial aid each year. There is not a deadline, but you need to have the renewal FAFSA completed as soon as you file your taxes.

The financial aid year runs from July 1 to June 30.

You may be able to defer your undergraduate student loans while you are enrolled in CSU’s graduate programs. In order to find out more about this, you need to contact your undergraduate student loan lender. They will be able to provide you with a document for deferment. This document may be signed by CSU’s registrar’s office only after the drop/add date. The registrar’s office is the only office eligible to sign this deferment form.

No, you do not have to be a full-time graduate student to be eligible for financial aid. You must be enrolled in at least one course during the term you wish to receive financial aid. You also must remain in good standing as identified in the graduate catalog.

A financial aid refund is when you have excess money on your CSU account after paying for tuition. Financial aid refunds are issued after the drop/add date. You can find the drop/add date by viewing the graduate academic calendar. The refunds are issued as quickly as possible but will take some time.  Billing and refunds are now available exclusively online. E-bill is available on MyCSU, your one-stop shop for students to view their Schedules, Financial Aid Online, Student Accounts Online, e-Bill, New Student Orientation, BucMail, Blackboard, etc.

Yes, you may change your loan amount. Feel free to contact your graduate enrollment counselor in order to change the amount you wish to receive. You will then receive an adjusted award letter with the amount you requested.

Graduate Student Financial Aid

1. Create Your FSA ID

A FSA ID is a username and password that you can use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. If you do not have an FSA ID, we recommend creating your FSA ID as soon as possible —even before you’re ready to complete the FAFSA form—to avoid delays in the process.  Please be advised that you may have to wait up to three days before your FSA ID is available for use.

2. Visit

To complete your FAFSA using your FSA ID.

3. Use Your 2016 Tax Records

On the 2018–19 FAFSA form, you (and your spouse) will report your 2016 income information, rather than your 2017 income information.  You should have your 2016 tax return and 2016 IRS W-2 available for reference.

  • Once the Financial Aid Office has your FAFSA and you have been accepted into the program, they will create an award letter for you and will be mailed to the address we have on file for you.
  • The award letter will contain your financial aid information, any missing documents you will need to provide and message specific to your awards.
  • The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program—This is the largest federal student loan program. Under this program, ED is your lender rather than a bank or other financial institution. There are two types of Direct Loans that graduate and professional degree students may receive: Direct Unsubsidized Loans—Eligible students may borrow up to $20,500 per school year. Loans must be divided evenly between semesters. You will need to complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Direct Loan Entrance Interview to receive your loans.  This can be done by visiting  You will need your FSA ID and password to log into this site.
  • Direct PLUS Loans—Eligible graduate and professional degree students who need to borrow more than the maximum unsubsidized loan amounts to meet their education costs may apply for a PLUS loan. A credit check will be performed during the application process. Loans must be divided evenly between semesters. These loans cannot exceed your cost of attendance.  You will need to complete a Direct PLUS Master Promissory Note.  This can be done by visiting will need your FSA ID and password to log into this site.