College of Health Sciences
oBJECTIVES/STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Describe the requisite information and knowledge (by program level) of injury prevention
and management, clinical examination and diagnosis, and therapeutic inventions necessary
to treat injuries to the physically active population.
- Demonstrate the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide exceptional
health care as an entry-level certified athletic trainer.
- Comprehend and demonstrate, when possible, the use of modern equipment and technology
utilized in the field of athletic training.
- Demonstrate effective communication (verbal and written) with a variety of health
care practitioners and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrate the use of evidence-based practice techniques by analyzing and applying
current research in the field of athletic training.
- Become critical consumers of research and other publicly disseminated information
by examining the scientific method and the role of research in developing knowledge
in the area of athletic training.
- Comprehend and demonstrate the rationale for professional continuing education in
the field of athletic training.
- Articulate the attributes of servant leadership in their role as a healthcare provider.
- Demonstrate professional behavior consistent with the NATA Code of Ethics and the
BOC Inc. Standards of Professional Practice.