Contact Us
Call Us Email Us

The Graduate School

Charleston Southern University > The Graduate School > Business > MBA > The Graduate School


Do you offer any funding or payment methods other than loans? We accept scholarships, loans, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, VA funding and payment plans scheduled at To set up financial aid, outside scholarships, or outside loans contact graduate studies. To set up tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance and payment plans contact the Business Office at 843-863-8058. To set up VA funding, please contact admissions.

How do I apply for financial aid? In order to qualify for financial aid at CSU, all students must first be regularly accepted to the university and be registered for classes. Then, to determine the amount you are eligible and to apply for financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Finally, we will create a financial aid package for you and send you an award letter detailing all of your financial aid for the academic year. The aid in this package will be based on financial need. If you receive the letter and would like to change the amount of funds you receive, then contact the graduate financial aid counselor.

How much am I eligible for as a graduate student? Your eligibility is determined based on your financial need. The maximum amount you will be eligible for any academic year is $20,500.

Do I have to renew my financial aid every year? Yes, you have to renew your financial aid each year. There is not a deadline, but you need to have the renewal FAFSA completed as soon as you file your taxes.

What financial aid year is it? The financial aid year runs from July 1 to June 30.

How can I defer my loans? You may be able to defer your undergraduate student loans while you are enrolled in CSU's graduate programs. In order to find out more about this, you need to contact your undergraduate student loan lender. They will be able to provide you with a document for deferment. This document may be signed by CSU's registrar's office only after the drop/add date. The registrar's office is the only office eligible to sign this deferment form.

Do I have to be a full-time graduate student to be eligible and maintain financial aid? No, you do not have to be a full-time graduate student to be eligible for financial aid. You must be enrolled in at least one course during the term you wish to receive financial aid. You also must remain in good standing as identified in the graduate catalog.

When are refunds issued? A financial aid refund is when you have excess money on your CSU account after paying for tuition. Financial aid refunds are issued after the drop/add date. You can find the drop/add date by viewing the graduate academic calendar. The refunds are issued as quickly as possible but will take some time.  Billing and refunds are now available exclusively online. E-bill is available on MyCSU, your one-stop shop for students to view their Schedules, Financial Aid Online, Student Accounts Online, e-Bill, New Student Orientation, BucMail, Blackboard, etc.

Can I change my loan amount? Yes, you may change your loan amount. Feel free to contact your graduate enrollment counselor in order to change the amount you wish to receive. You will then receive an adjusted award letter with the amount you requested.

** To find out more information regarding determining financial aid need, verification selection, where to pay your bill, or more information on outside scholarships.