This program is designed to educate compassionate and highly motivated individuals
who will excel in providing client-centered mental healthcare, practicing as agents
of change, serving as leaders in their communities and advancing the mental health
Our program will develop students to be clinically competent and biblically sound
counselors. Graduates of the program will be eligible to take the National Board of
Certified Counselors exam.
- Coursework taught from a distinctive Christian worldview, developing students to be
clinically competent and biblically sound counselors.
- One-year clinical training in which students will be able to choose between several unique counseling settings.
- Coursework is consistent with Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) licensure requirements
in South Carolina. With 60 credit hours, this program prepares students to meet LPC requirements in most
states. Contact your state board for any additional requirements.
- Three Possible Areas of Clinical Emphasis: Marriage and Family, Addiction Treatment and Christian Counseling.
To be admitted to the program students need to complete the following requirements:
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE or MAT scores*
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- On-Campus Interview
- 12 Undergraduate Hours in Psychology or related subject
*An undergraduate GPA of 3.5, another master's degree obtained, or 15 credits of graduate
studies with a 3.0 GPA may be substituted.