Regular admission requires that the student has submitted the following documents:
- Graduate Application
- Career and Professional Goals Statement (300 - 500 word essay outlining academic and
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions where undergraduate or graduate courses
have been taken.
- * Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller's Analogy Test (MAT) scores. An undergraduate
GPA of 3.5 may be substituted for the graduate school entry examination.
- The student has provided the Graduate Center with two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student's work or academic record. Recommendations
from family members are NOT acceptable.
- ONLINE DEGREE ONLY - For all certified and sworn public safety officers and first responders wishing to
apply for a tuition discount, click here.
No single criterion will be decisive. Each item will be considered in relation to
the applicant's total qualifications. Although Charleston Southern University has
preferred levels for such criteria, each application is evaluated on an individual
* The testing requirement may be waived if previous graduate level courses have been
successfully completed. Decisions to waive this requirement will be made on a case-by-case
basis by the Director of the Criminal Justice Graduate Program.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT THE GRADUATE SCHOOL