APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION
- Complete the online undergraduate application for admission, including international student information.
- Official high school transcripts and/or college transcripts from all previously attended institutions must be received directly from these institutions.
- Official English translations must accompany any document in a language other than
English. All documents must be either official or certified copies of official documents.
Any student who attended a non-American high school outside of the U.S. must have
transcripts evaluated by a NACES member. We prefer that students choose WES or ECE.
- SAT or ACT scores must be sent directly to the Enrollment Services Office from the respective testing
- Charleston Southern University’s SAT code is 5079; our ACT code is 3833.
- If English is not your native language, confirmed English proficiency is required.
- Scores must be sent directly to the Enrollment Services Office from the testing agency.
Charleston Southern University’s TOEFL code is 5079.
- Copy of your passport.
- If you are already in the U.S. a copy of your visa and I-94 with travel history are
The following documents are required in order to issue a Form I-20 to apply for an
F-1 student visa:
- Submit a completed International Student Financial Statement.
- This form must be completed by your financial institution to certify your ability
to attend CSU (this form cannot be more than 6 months old).
- In the event an individual or company is sponsoring a student, an Affidavit of Support and supporting financial documents must be submitted by the sponsor on behalf of
- Transfer students that have attended a US college/university: An International Student Eligibility Form must be completed by the International Student Advisor or Designated School Official.
The original form with the official school seal is required along with copies of current
I-20, visa, I-94 (front and back) and other legal documents.
Application for Admission Deadlines
To ensure all US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) requirements are met and
to provide sufficient time for non-US transcripts to be evaluated, the following deadlines
have been set for the Enrollment Services office to receive completed International
Applications for Admission.
- Spring 2018: Applications due by November 10, 2017
- Summer 2018: Applications due by March 9, 2018
- Fall 2018: Applications due by June 22, 2018
Students who miss the deadline may reapply for the next term.