The Career Center
Student Center, 1st Floor
9200 University Blvd., N. Charleston, SC 29406
Providing a quality workforce
Recruiting at Charleston Southern University is vital with today’s global job market and talent deficits in growing industries. Bucs represent values, academic pursuits and career ambitions. Below is a snapshot of why you need Bucs in your talent pipeline:
- Total Alumni Population: 20,000+
- Total Student Population: 3,459 (2,987 undergraduate/472 graduate)
- Ethnicity & Culture: 33% people of color
- Gender: 62% female/38% male
- Popular Undergraduate Majors: Nursing, Education, Business
- Popular Graduate Programs: Physician Assistant Studies, MBA, Project Management
- Doctoral Program: EdD in Leadership
We are pleased to assist recruiters by providing on-campus recruiting services. As students search for internships, career and volunteer opportunities, we strive to provide the optimal setting to connect them with avenues to learn, lead and serve within your organization.
- Recruiting Guidelines
Every effort should be made by the recruiting organization to avoid changes in interview date(s). When changes must be made, the Career Center should be notified well in advance to avoid inconvenience for job candidates and staff. Refreshments and audio-visual equipment for information meetings are the company’s responsibility; however, we will assist with local catering recommendations. Any students meeting with or interviewing with an organization’s representative must be documented, and a copy of all information collected must be submitted to the Career Center after the recruiting visit. Information regarding job offers and placement of Charleston Southern University students is important data we must collect.
- Recruitment Days
Take place between the hours of 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. To schedule a recruitment booth, please contact the Career Center at least 5 days in advance in order to reserve your spot.
We will arrange for a table in a high traffic area; it is the recruiter’s responsibility to supply all displays and materials.
- Lunch and Learn/Informative Sessions
These sessions can provide students with detailed information about your company in a conference room setting. The conference room will provide you with additional space to meet with an excited group of interested candidates. The use of electronic presentations is welcomed and encouraged.
To schedule a Lunch and Learn, please contact the Career Center at least 5 days in advance.
- On-Campus Interviews
Conducting on-campus interviews is a convenient, efficient way to meet talent in one place…at CSU!
Let us help you find quality candidates for employment. Let OUR people become YOUR people!
Contact The Career Center, through the BucCareer Network, at least 3 weeks prior to your requested date and times in order to reserve your meeting space.
For a productive recruiting visit to Charleston Southern University, please note the following:
- Check in with the Career Center upon arrival.
- Promotional materials are to be distributed from the recruiting table only; please do not post on campus walls or classroom areas.
- If you must cancel your visit, please call the Career Center at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Posting positions for CSU students & alumni
- The Career Center at Charleston Southern University educates and empowers students to become career-ready and helps students to identify and connect to their God-given passion, skills, and abilities. The Career Center utilizes the BucCareerNetwork (powered by Handshake) to post internships, volunteer, career, and ministry opportunities. Students and alumni both have access to this site. We look forward to assisting you with your hiring and internship needs.Register to create your FREE employer account on the BucCareer Network HERE.
- If you are a current Handshake user, please connect with Charleston Southern University to add us to your recruiting list.
- This platform is accessible from your mobile device.
- Interview schedules can be created on the platform.
- Registration for events and virtual career fairs will take place via the platform.
- In addition, you can send a flyer or brief job description, for us to share on our social media accounts and enewsletter.
- Detailed instructions for setting up your Handshake account HERE.
Questions? Contact the Career Center at email@example.com or 843-863-8020.
- Recruiting interns
The Career Center offers structured educational internship opportunities for CSU undergraduates which integrate academic studies with learning through hands-on work experience. The internships may be full or part-time and may be paid or unpaid. This program is managed by the Experiential Learning Initiative Internship Coordinator. Academic credit may be granted to students successfully completing an approved experience. The internship experience requires supervised work in an approved business or professional work setting. The course is designed to allow the student to focus on important career topics such as organization, culture, decision-making, leadership and values and ethics in the workplace.