The Career Center
Thurmond Center, 1st Floor
9200 University Blvd., N. Charleston, SC 29406
Developing future leaders of Christian character
Thank you for your interest in developing your students’ job search skills! Our desires are to work with you to best meet the needs of our students with our existing resources described below.
- Career Expos and Volunteer Fair
Job expos and career fairs are critical tools for job search success whether job-seekers use them to get internships or jobs, or whether job-seekers use them as a networking tool for future employment. Our expos are designed to connect CSU students with local and national recruiters from a variety of businesses, organizations and graduate schools to discuss employment and graduate studies. Our research indicates that CSU’s graduates are waiting too late to begin the job search and career development process. In order to close this gap, we would like to extend an invitation for you and your class to attend Fall and Spring Career Expos.
- Prepare your students for Career Expos
To ensure the best opportunity for valuable interaction with recruiters, students should:
- Dress for success, professional attire is mandatory to attend
- Submit a resume for critique on the BucCareer Network
- Review a list of participating recruiters on the BucCareer Network
- View tips for career fairs and networking with recruiters on the BucCareer Network
- Refer classes or groups to The Career Center
If you wish to refer a group of students to us, whether for individual appointments or for walk-in career advising, including resume critiques, advice on the selection of a major, or tours of resources, please call us first, at least one week in advance, to discuss preparation. Knowing the number of students expected and planning sufficient time for us to see them is important to ensure the best experience.To schedule a date, call the Career Center at 843.863.8019.