A Moment to Treasure
The first ring ceremony at CSU was held on Friday, April 22, 2022 around the Reflection Pond. This kicked off an annual tradition that will forever remain in a CSU Buccaneer’s memories.
Charleston Southern University students and alumni have a tangible treasure to remind them and others of their collegiate accomplishments with an official CSU Ring.
Students who have completed 60 or more earned hours on their official transcript and purchased the official CSU Ring during Ring Week or prior are eligible to participate in a traditional Ring Ceremony. Graduate students who have completed half of their required hours may also purchase their ring and participate in the ceremony.
Rings are presented to each recipient by the CSU President at the Ring Ceremony, and each participant will have a photo taken to mark the treasured moment for each Buccaneer.
The ceremony will last approximately an hour, immediately followed by a reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres.
Ring Ceremony Attire
- White button-down dress shirts with khaki pants and solid navy ties (navy bow ties permissible, small pattern acceptable)
- Gentlemen must wear ties, belts, and dress shoes
- No sport coats
- Gentlemen must wear white undershirts under all dress shirts
- Solid white dresses (no patterns – solid navy dresses are acceptable due to short notice)
- Alternatively, ladies may wear solid white jumpsuits or pants (no rompers – solid navy is also acceptable)
- Ladies may wear flats, dress sandals, heels, or wedges (make sure shoes are comfortable to walk in)
Important Information for Students
An RSVP is required in order to attend. All participants must reserve their ticket online prior to April 11, 2022. Though there is no limit on guest tickets, all guests must also register. Reserve your spot online. If you or your guest(s) require handicap accessibility, please indicate those needs on your event reservation form.
Participants should arrive fully dressed by 5:30 p.m. in Lightsey Chapel to be lined up to receive their rings.
About the Ring
The CSU ring is an important symbol of the school’s mission and commitment to faith since its founding nearly 60 years ago. It showcases the official academic icon signifying Scripture at its very foundation, and “Charleston Southern University – 1964” wrapping around the perimeter of the ring’s face.
Rings are available in white or yellow gold, silver, or lustrium in an antique or satin finish.