Call Us Email Us

Campus Life

Parking Information  

Who needs to register their vehicle? 

  • All students, Resident and Commuter, within 24 hours of bringing the vehicle on campus.   

How do I register my vehicle?

  • Click here and follow the prompts. All purchases are now made through Rydin Permit Express online.
  • Parking Permits are $20.00 annually (includes permit and processing fee).
  • Once purchased online at Rydin Permit Express, you can print out a temporary parking pass for your dash and your decal will be mailed to you. Make sure to list the address you want your decal mailed to.  The decal is applied on the inside of your windshield, driver side, bottom.

Where do I park? 

  • In clearly designated legal parking spaces according to your decal type. No parking is allowed on the grass anywhere unless otherwise directed. Per the Student Handbook, resident students may not drive to class. 
  • Types of parking decals:
    • Resident Student
    • Commuter Student
    • FS: Faculty/Staff


What if I get a ticket? 

  • If you receive a ticket, go to the Rydin Permit Express Website
  • There you will find three options:
    • Option 1 - View your citation/ticket
    • Option 2 - Within 15 days, pay the ticket online at Rydin Permit Express. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt.
    • Option 3 - Within 15 days, file an appeal online to Rydin Permit Express. You will receive a date and time for your appeal to be heard by the House Council.

What if I get a ticket and don't pay it or appeal it? 

  • Any unpaid campus parking tickets will result in a security hold being placed on your student account. This hold will prevent you from viewing your grades, viewing your transcript, registering for classes, obtaining a copy of your official transcript and graduating.

How do I remove a security hold from my student account? 

  • If your hold is the result of a ticket issued prior to August 152018, or you DO NOT see your ticket on the Rydin link to pay, contact the Dean of Students Office to resolve.
  • If you received a ticket after August 152018, then pay online at Rydin Permit Express. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt. Take your receipt to the Dean of Students Office which is located on the 2nd floor of the Strom Thurmond building, present the receipt, and the hold will be removed. 

Temporary Parking Information

  • A Temporary Parking Permit can be issued by the Campus Security Department for vehicles that will be on campus for a short period of time. An example would be that your primary vehicle is in the shop for repairs and you are driving a loaner for a week. You would be required to obtain a Temporary Parking Permit. 

Temporary Handicap Parking Information

  • If a student suffers an injury which temporarily makes it difficult to walk from their designated parking area to class, a Temporary Handicap Parking permit can be issued by the Campus Security Department. A doctor's note may be required. 

Visitor/ Guest Parking Information

  • Visitors and guests are required to park in marked visitor parking spots unless a designated area has been established for an event they are attending. 

Vehicle Immobilization Policy

  • Charleston Southern University has a vehicle parking and registration policy in effect which requires students, faculty, and staff to register and obtain a parking decal for their vehicle within 24 hours of bringing it on campus. From time to time, it is necessary to utilize a wheel immobilizer to boot vehicles on campus to ensure compliance with the university's registration and parking policy. The purpose of immobilizing the vehicle is to identify the driver and ensure that, if the driver is a current student, a vehicle registration and decal is obtained. If your vehicle is immobilized, then you will have to pay a $25 removal fee to the CSU cashier's office located in the Hunter Center. Then bring your receipt to the Campus Security office located at Russell West, 1st floor. If you don't have a current parking decal displayed, you must provide proof of purchase before the boot will be removed. Decals must be purchased through Rydin Permit Express. Once you have paid these fee(s), present your receipt to Security who will then release the vehicle.

Faculty, Staff Parking Decal Information

  • All faculty and staff members must register their vehicles with Rydin Permit Express. Decals may then be picked up in the Campus Security office located on the 1st floor of Russell West. There is no charge for the registration and decal. Faculty and staff members are required to follow the campus parking policy. 


Sign Up For BUC Alerts

BUC Alert is an emergency communication system that sends notification to the entire campus community before, during and after an emergency. To signup for BUC Alert notification system, you must be logged into your MyCSU account.