Chair of MEd Program, Associate Professor of Physical Education
Ask a Question
Your path in school administration and beyond
The Master of Education degree is intended for working professional educators to advance their knowledge of contemporary issues in the field of education. Through rigorous and relevant coursework, students will have the opportunity to explore educational research, assess and address the needs of diverse student populations, develop an understanding of the legal and ethical environments of public schools, and other issues and perspectives that impact student populations.
This program is ideal for educational professionals who want to expand their knowledge regarding schools and school systems while being able to continue to pursue their first passion, being educators. Designed for flexibility while still maintaining the high standards of academic excellence in a Christian environment, CSU offers five tracks within the MEd program–all available online:
- Elementary School Administration and Supervision
- Secondary School Administration and Supervision
- Elementary and Secondary School Administration and Supervision
- Physical Education and Sport Coaching
- Teacher Leadership
All MEd emphasis areas lead to SCDE endorsement except for teacher leadership. Physical education and sport coaching leads to CSCS endorsement. Click Additional Info to learn more about each emphasis.
*Generate total tuition cost with the tuition calculator.
Charleston Southern University has received specialized accreditation for its Master of Education program through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Your next step to
becoming a student
- Graduate Application
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended
- Copy of active teaching certification (not required if pursuing Physical Education and Sport Coaching emphasis)
- Writing Sample
- Disposition (Administration track only)
- Two recommendation letters
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- Administration applicants must have at least two years of teaching experience
In the MEd program, you’ll take courses like…
- Foundations, Issues and Trends in Education
- Organizational Behaviors
- Issues, Perspectives and Services for a Diverse Student Population
- Legal and Ethical Environments of Public Schools
- Computers: Advanced Applications in the Elementary/Secondary School
Robert J. Doan
Interim Chair of the EdD Program, Assistant Dean
Wingo Hall houses the College of Education and was one of the first buildings on CSU’s campus. Wingo Hall houses classrooms for the humanities and education and faculty offices for the College of Education. Named for Henry C. Wingo.
Charleston Southern University prepares educational leaders with foundational knowledge, pertinent skills and valuable real-life experiences through practicums and a comprehensive internship program to become an effective school administrator. When leaving this program, leaders feel confident, empowered and equipped to become a positive change agent for teachers, students and communities in the ever-changing educational world today.Christi Furron / master of education, ’07