What is the Registrar's Office?

The Registrar’s office at Charleston Southern University maintains student records, transcripts, attendance, diplomas, class schedules, registration, transfer credits, grades and graduation.

The Office of the Registrar’s office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. Their offices are located in the Student Center.

Registrar’s Office FAQs

Questions About Advising

Please check MyCSU under the student tab.

Freshman: A student who has earned up to 30 semester hours of acceptable college credit.
Sophomore: A student who has earned 31 to 60 semester hours of acceptable college credit.
Junior: A student who has earned 61 to 90 semester hours of acceptable college credit.
Senior: A student who has earned 91 to 125 (or more) semester hours of acceptable college credit.

Log into MyCSU with your ID and Pin number. Go to the Student tab and click Forms to complete the online major/minor change. You may also go to Student Success Center located in Student Center to complete a major/minor change.

Your degree audit shows course requirements for your liberal arts core (LAC), and your major and minor (if applicable). It lists all courses that you have taken and how they apply toward your graduation requirements.

You may view your unofficial advising worksheet (degree audit) through your MyCSU account. After logging in, click on the student tab, then click on courses and grades, then click on Course Needs (Advising Worksheet).

Please request a degree audit after you have completed 61 credit hours.

You can request an official degree audit through MyCSU. Click on the student tab. On the left, click on forms and fill out the online form to request a degree audit. You will receive an email in BucMail from the Registrar’s Office within two weeks with your audit attached.

This allows students to view their degree audit under a different major before processing a major change. Log into MyCSU and click the Student Tab. Under Courses and Grades, scroll to the bottom of the page to view the report.

Choose the major you are interested in under your current catalog and click View.

Log into MyCSU and click the Student Tab to view your current holds.

Directions to resolve holds can be found under the Hold description.

Please visit your professor’s office to view office hours located on his/her office door. If you are still unable to contact your professor, please contact the appropriate chair of the department (see catalog).

Questions About Enrollment/Degree Verification

  • Order Official Transcript
    • Order an electronic official transcript or official paper transcript here.
    • You will need your ID and PIN (see below for retrieval).
  • View Unofficial Transcript
    • Please visit MyCSU to view your unofficial transcript. You will not be able to view your unofficial transcript if you have a hold on your account.
  • Order Duplicate Diploma
    • The cost for a duplicate diploma is $50, and you may pay online. The request takes about 3-4 weeks for processing and delivery. Mail a completed duplicate diploma request to Charleston Southern University, Office of the Registrar, PO Box 118087, Charleston, SC 29423 or fax a completed form to 843-863-8023.

To conveniently serve Charleston Southern University (CSU) students around the clock, CSU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verification of student enrollment status. You can obtain an official Enrollment Verification Certificate at any time via the Clearinghouse Web site at www.studentclearinghouse.org.

1. Click on the Students tab

2. Click on Enrollment Verify, then click Credit Card Purchase. There is a $2.50 per certificate,
which you can charge to your Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.

3. Print your Enrollment Verification Certificate.

This Enrollment Verification Certificate can be presented to health insurance agencies, housing
authorities, consumer product companies, banks, etc., when asked to provide official evidence of enrollment at Charleston Southern University.

Alternately, you may also go to: www.enrollmentverify.org
Choose current enrollment for $2.50 and complete the required information.

The Clearinghouse will also process paper student loan enrollment verification forms that you receive by mail or from students. Mail these forms to:

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 220
Herndon, Virginia 20171

Companies requesting enrollment verifications can contact us at:
• Phone: 703-742-4200 (M-F, 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, EST)
• Fax: 703-742-4239
• E-mail: enrollmentverify@studentclearinghouse.org
• Web: www.studentclearinghouse.org

Charleston Southern University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree
verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
• Web: www.degreeverify.org
• Mail: National Student Clearinghouse, 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 220, Herndon, VA

Questions About FERPA

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 helps protect the privacy of student education records. The Act provides eligible students the right to inspect and review education records, the right to seek to amend those records and to limit disclosure of information from the records. The intent of the legislation is to protect the rights of students and to ensure the privacy and accuracy of education records. The Act applies to all institutions that are the recipients of federal aid administered by the Secretary of Education.

Go to MyCSU and click the student tab to create a waiver. This is located under Student Information Release Authorization.

Questions About Academic Grading

There is no uniform grading policy at Charleston Southern University. Please see your course syllabus.

After reviewing Policy-R-2, please schedule a time to meet with your professor.

You can access this information in MyCSU. All holds must be removed from your account before you can access your grades and GPA.

Yes, in most cases. Please see your degree audit to view where your courses can be applied.

Questions About My Personal Information

For current students, please bring a copy of your updated social security card, to the Registrar’s Office, located in the Student Center. Former students just need to bring a copy of their updated driver’s license to the Registrar’s Office. If you are not local, you may email these documents to register@csuniv.edu.

Login to MyCSU. Click the profile icon in the top right corner. Click My Profile & Settings, then click Contact Information. Then click the down arrow on the Addresses box. Then click Current Address. On the preceding page, please enter your new address and click Save. While your address will not change immediately our office will receive your request and will update your address within one business day. Please check MyCSU in 24 hours to confirm your address has been updated.

Go to MyCSU, click I forgot my CSU ID #. Once you have your ID, enter it in the username box. Next, click/ tap “Assign New PIN” and follow the prompts to retrieve your PIN.

Please memorize both of these numbers and keep your PIN private – this is for you only.

Questions About Class Registration

Please check the Academic Calendar for registration dates.

When registration becomes available, you will find the course listing in MyCSU under the academics tab.

Your degree audit in MyCSU can be used as a guide to help you with course selection. Also see your academic advisor for help in selecting classes.

Go to our registration page for more info.

You can email your advisor for help with dropping a class. Additionally, you can fill out the online class withdraw form: log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab (not the Academics tab), click on Courses and Grades on the left, click on Class withdraw form on the right and fill out the information.

The grade of “AU” (AUDIT) is assigned, and no grade points or credit hours are awarded for students “auditing” a class. The intent to audit a class must be indicated on a registration form and submitted to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the drop/add period for each term or session. Students who register to “audit” a course may not seek to obtain credit for that course after the last date of drop/add. Regular tuition and/or fees for the course apply.

Please contact your advisor and department chair.

Normally, no. Please speak with your academic advisor.

You must meet the guidelines set forth in Policy R-65 before requesting permission from the chair or dean of your major.

No. All freshmen must meet with their academic advisor to register.

All electronic communication must be sent from your BucMail account.

You will log into MyCSU, click on the Academics tab and answer the questions. You must do this for the term you are trying to register for. This form resets itself monthly,

Questions About Transcripts and Catalogs

You will need to login to  MyCSU to order your transcript under the Order Transcript Tab (See below for assistance logging into MyCSU).Directions to order an official electronic transcript or official paper transcript can also be found here.

If You are Using a Laptop/PC: The Username and Password Boxes will be the two white boxes in the top left corner. Please ensure your browser window is full screen.

If you are Using a Mobile Device: The Username and Password boxes will be the two white boxes that appear after you tap “Login” (top right corner).

Go to MyCSU, click I forgot my CSU ID #. Please take this ID number and enter it in the username box on MyCSU.

Next, click/ tap “I Forgot My Password” and follow the prompts to create a password.
Please memorize your Username and keep your Password private – this is for you only.

An electronic transcript will be delivered within 1 to 2 business days of the order date. Transcripts will be mailed or faxed 1 to 2 business days of the order date. During peak times, please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.

Please review the email you received upon order completion for directions to cancel your order.

Unofficial transcripts can be viewed by logging into MyCSU under the Order Transcripts tab. Current students may also view their unofficial transcript through the Student Tab, Course and Grades, click to view unofficial transcript.

LIFE transcripts can be viewed by logging into MyCSU under the Student Tab; click on Courses and Grades; the LIFE transcript is at the bottom on the right-hand side.

Contact the Office of the Registrar at 843-863-8060.

Questions About Transferring and Transfer Credits

For all South Carolina Technical Colleges and Spartanburg Methodist College, please see our transfer credit agreement.

See academic policy R-32 for specific acceptance of transfer credits. See academic policy R-5 on Nontraditional credit. See academic policy R-49 for time limitations on credit.

Print this form and take it to your advisor for assistance: Request to take a course elsewhere.

See academic policy R-18 for the complete policy regarding taking courses elsewhere.

Students may not take classes elsewhere that are 2-4 weeks in length. This includes classes offered during a regular term, winter term or summer term.

  • Regionally accredited junior, community and technical colleges where a student did not receive an associate’s degree: 68 semester credit hours maximum, including all nontraditional credit accepted.
  • Regionally accredited junior, community and technical colleges where a student did receive an associate’s degree: 89 semester credit hours maximum, including all nontraditional credit accepted.
  • Regionally accredited senior colleges and universities: 89 semester credit hours maximum, including any credit accepted from all other sources.

Thirty six (36) of the last forty-six (46) credit hours (including twelve (12) upper level credit hours mentioned above) must be earned at Charleston Southern University. Students that need to withdraw from CSU for their last semester should work with the Office of the Registrar to seek permission to attend classes elsewhere if permitted.

Courses taken at another institution will not count toward your GPA at CSU.

You may view your transfer credits on your unofficial transcript in MyCSU. Be sure to send your most recent transcript to the Registrar’s Office. If you have questions about your transfer credit, please email register@csuniv.edu.

Please see more information here.

STEP ONE: Find out CSU’s CLEP Policy here.

STEP TWO: Decide which exam(s) to take here.

STEP THREE: Log into My Account Registration Portal to create an account.

STEP FOUR: Register and pay your $80 fee by logging into My Account Registration Portal after you have created your account. *CSU Honor Students are not required to pay the $80 fee but must create an account through the above CLEP url before arriving for their appointment. After arriving for the appointment, the testing proctor will enter the CLEP payment information before the test begins.

STEP FIVE: Schedule your appointment with the Testing Center to take the test. You must give at least 24 hours advanced notice to schedule the exam. Walk-ins are not accepted. To schedule an appointment, call 843-863-8033 or stop by the Student Success Center located in the Student Center (first floor, next to faculty suites).

For more information, please see Policy R-16.

Questions About Withdrawing

Log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab (not the Academics tab), click on Courses and Grades on the left, click on Class Withdraw Form on the right and fill out the information.

If you withdraw from any class after the last day of drop/add (see Academic Calendar), a withdrawal grade must be assigned. This will not affect your GPA. Tuition charges and hours remain. Student-athlete eligibility may be affected.

To officially withdraw from all of your courses (the university): log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab, click on Forms on the left, click on Go to the Withdrawal form on the right and fill out the form. If you officially withdraw before drop/add ends, you will not be responsible for tuition and fees. All offices will be notified as needed when you officially withdraw.

Questions About Graduation

Information on how to apply for graduation can be found here. Please see Academic Calendar for deadlines.

Chapel credit is determined by your registered credit hours and can vary each semester. Students taking at least 12 credit hours on campus during the day, must complete 6 chapel credits for that semester. Night classes are not included in the 12 hour minimum. Please check MyCSU to see how many chapel credits you need.

If you started in the Bridge program with English (099) only OR Math (099) only, you need at least 129 credit hours to graduate. If you started in the Bridge program as full Bridge (both math 009 and English 009), you will need at least 133 credit hours to graduate.

Our PowerPoint visual aid will help you learn to read your degree audit.

Students may request a duplicate diploma. The cost is $50. The request takes about 6-8 weeks for processing and delivery.

  • You may mail a completed duplicate diploma request to Charleston Southern University, Office of the Registrar, PO Box 118087, Charleston, SC 29423. Please include your check or money or online receipt number.

To order one online, click here