Find out what it costs to get your degree at Charleston Southern!
Ready to apply?
Have you calculated costs?
Check out our net price calculator here!
Here’s what you need to know before applying to Charleston Southern University.
- Test Flexible Admissions Policy
CSU has a Test Flexible admissions policy for students applying for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021. Students with at least a 3.0 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) do not need to submit standardized test scores to complete the undergraduate application!
All first-time freshman applicants should provide a high school transcript, listing an unweighted GPA, to be considered for admission. An unofficial copy can be emailed directly to email@example.com! Additional documentation, such as an essay, resume and/or letter(s) of recommendation may be requested based on the student’s specific GPA.
Requirements for high school transcripts:
- Four full credits of English, with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Math (including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry or higher), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Science courses (including two lab sciences), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Social Science/History courses, with a grade of C or better
- Students who successfully completed and passed their AP, IB, and/or dual-enrolled coursework will have a higher likelihood of being admitted to the university.
Additional documents that may be requested based on unweighted high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale):
- Topic of the student’s choice
- Word count between 500 and 1,000 words
Suggested topics to include:
- Extracurricular activities
- Leadership activities
- Church/missions activities
- Work experience
Test scores are not required if the unweighted high school GPA is above a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students are welcome to submit test scores! Submitting test scores could help the student qualify for a higher academic scholarship.
Requirements for SAT / ACT / CLT exam scores:
- Regular admission: 530 EBRW / 490 Math on the SAT, 19 E / 19 M on the ACT, or 64 on the CLT
Dual Enrollment/CLEP/AP/IB (if applicable)
Official transcripts/scores must be sent from the institution/organization at which the credits/scores were achieved.
Procedure for Freshman Applicants
- Complete the Online Application form
- Submit official high school transcripts which may be obtained from high school counselors or principals.
- OPTIONAL: Submit official SAT or ACT scores. Information as to dates and locations of SAT or ACT tests may be obtained from high school counselors.