Find out what it costs to get your degree at Charleston Southern!
What Type of Student are You? Choose Your Application.
To apply for traditional and online degrees fill out the Undergraduate Application. View undergraduate Admission Requirements.
Are you an international student? Apply here.
To apply for traditional and online graduate degrees fill out the Graduate Application. Admission requirements vary by program. To view admission requirements, go to graduate programs.
Applicants to the Physician Assistant program must fill out a CASPA application, instead of the graduate application.
To apply for a doctoral program, fill out the Doctoral Application.
EdD Program Requirements
DPT Program Requirements
Intensive English Program Application
If you are only applying to the Intensive English Program, click here. On the admission data page select “I plan to be a non-degree seeking student” and choose “Intensive English Program” for the degree type.
Have you calculated costs?
Check out our net price calculator here!
Here’s what you need to know before applying to Charleston Southern University.
Procedure for Freshman Applicants
- Complete the Online Application form.
- Submit official high school transcripts which may be obtained from high school counselors or principals.
- OPTIONAL: Submit official SAT, ACT, or CLT scores. Information as to dates and locations of SAT, ACT, or CLT tests may be obtained from high school counselors.
- Test Flexible Admissions Policy
CSU has a Test Flexible admissions policy. All first-time freshman applicants should provide a high school transcript, listing an unweighted GPA, to be considered for admission. An unofficial copy can be emailed directly to email@example.com.
Requirements for high school transcripts:
- Four full credits of English, with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Math (including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry or higher), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Science courses (including two lab sciences), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Social Science/History courses, with a grade of C or better
Students who successfully completed and passed their AP, IB, and/or dual-enrolled coursework will have a higher likelihood of being admitted to the university.
Test scores are not required for admissions purposes, but students are encouraged to submit test scores. If a student wishes to opt-out of submitting test scores, they will need to have their school counselor or teacher complete an academic reference form. After acceptance, students will need to submit either test scores, dual enrollment in English and Math (with grade of C or better), qualifying AP or IB scores in English and Math classes, or take academic placement exams through CSU for academic placement upon enrollment. Any student with a 3.9 unweighted GPA or higher will not need to submit test scores at any point.
Requirements for SAT / ACT / CLT exam scores:
- Regular admission: 530 EBRW / 490 Math on the SAT, 19 E / 19 M on the ACT, or 64 on the CLT
- Bridge admission: 450 EBRW/ 440 Math on the SAT, 17 E / 17 M on the ACT, or 57 on the CLT
Dual Enrollment/CLEP/AP/IB (if applicable)
Official transcripts/scores must be sent from the institution/organization at which the credits/scores were achieved.
If you’re homeschooled, looking to transfer or an international student, we can help you through your application process with some useful recommendations too.
TeachSC Partnership for Future Teachers
CSU partners with TEACH South Carolina (TeachSC) to provide free support to anyone who’s thinking about becoming a teacher. When you sign up for TeachSC, you get perks like 1-on-1 coaching and a chance to win a regional $1,000 scholarship!
Create a TeachSC account before you apply to Charleston Southern to apply for the TeachSC scholarship. Once you have subscribed to TeachSC and applied to Charleston Southern, you can apply for the TeachSC scholarship!