Ready to apply?
Undergraduate Application – traditional and online degrees, admission requirements below
Here’s what you need to know before applying to Charleston Southern University.
- Test Flexible Admissions Policy
CSU has a Test Flexible admissions policy for students applying for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021. Students with at least a 3.0 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) do not need to submit standardized test scores to complete the undergraduate application!
All first-time freshman applicants should provide a high school transcript, listing an unweighted GPA, to be considered for admission. An unofficial copy can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org! Additional documentation, such as an essay, resume and/or letter(s) of recommendation may be requested based on the student’s specific GPA.
Requirements for high school transcripts:
- Four full credits of English, with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Math (including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry or higher), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Science courses (including two lab sciences), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Social Science/History courses, with a grade of C or better
- Students who successfully completed and passed their AP, IB, and/or dual-enrolled coursework will have a higher likelihood of being admitted to the university.
Additional documents that may be requested based on unweighted high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale):
- Topic of the student’s choice
- Word count between 500 and 1,000 words
Suggested topics to include:
- Extracurricular activities
- Leadership activities
- Church/missions activities
- Work experience
Test scores are not required if the unweighted high school GPA is above a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students are welcome to submit test scores! Submitting test scores could help the student qualify for a higher academic scholarship.
Requirements for SAT / ACT / CLT exam scores:
- Regular admission: 530 EBRW / 490 Math on the SAT, 19 E / 19 M on the ACT, or 64 on the CLT
Dual Enrollment/CLEP/AP/IB (if applicable)
Official transcripts/scores must be sent from the institution/organization at which the credits/scores were achieved.
Procedure for Freshman Applicants
- Complete the Online Application form
- Submit official high school transcripts which may be obtained from high school counselors or principals.
- OPTIONAL: Submit official SAT or ACT scores. Information as to dates and locations of SAT or ACT tests may be obtained from high school counselors.