Find out what it costs to get your degree at Charleston Southern!
Ready to apply?
Have you calculated costs?
Check out our net price calculator here!
Here’s what you need to know before applying to Charleston Southern University.
- Test Flexible Admissions Policy
CSU has a Test Flexible admissions policy. All first-time freshman applicants should provide a high school transcript, listing an unweighted GPA, to be considered for admission. An unofficial copy can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for high school transcripts:
- Four full credits of English, with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Math (including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry or higher), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Science courses (including two lab sciences), with a grade of C or better
- Three full credits of Social Science/History courses, with a grade of C or better
Students who successfully completed and passed their AP, IB, and/or dual-enrolled coursework will have a higher likelihood of being admitted to the university.
Test scores are not required for admissions purposes, but students are encouraged to submit test scores. If a student wishes to opt-out of submitting test scores, they will need to have their school counselor or teacher complete an academic reference form. After acceptance, students will need to submit either test scores, dual enrollment in English and Math (with grade of C or better), qualifying AP or IB scores in English and Math classes, or take academic placement exams through CSU for academic placement upon enrollment. Any student with a 3.9 unweighted GPA or higher will not need to submit test scores at any point.
Requirements for SAT / ACT / CLT exam scores:
- Regular admission: 530 EBRW / 490 Math on the SAT, 19 E / 19 M on the ACT, or 64 on the CLT
- Bridge admission: 450 EBRW/ 440 Math on the SAT, 17 E / 17 M on the ACT, or 57 on the CLT
Dual Enrollment/CLEP/AP/IB (if applicable)
Official transcripts/scores must be sent from the institution/organization at which the credits/scores were achieved.
Procedure for Freshman Applicants
- Complete the Online Application form
- Submit official high school transcripts which may be obtained from high school counselors or principals.
- OPTIONAL: Submit official SAT, ACT, or CLT scores. Information as to dates and locations of SAT, ACT, or CLT tests may be obtained from high school counselors.