CSU partners with Roper St. Francis Express Care
Charleston Southern University has partnered with Roper St. Francis Express Care to provide convenient access to healthcare for full-time undergraduate and graduate students. Open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Roper St. Francis Express Care on University Boulevard is less than one mile from residential students on CSU’s campus.
All full-time students will receive one free visit per major semester (Fall & Spring) simply by presenting their CSU Student ID when checking in. Note that COVID testing is not a part of this plan.
Clark Carter, vice president for student Life, said CSU’S partnership is critical to giving students easier access to excellent healthcare.
“Roper St. Francis has similar faith values as CSU,” he said. “It is exciting to work with such like-minded people. We hope this will ease some of the burden and worry when it comes to healthcare for our students.”
Though residents will find the University location the closest to campus, CSU students may visit any of the six Roper St. Francis Express Care locations under this partnership.
- The following list of services are covered in a student’s office visit at Roper St. Francis Express Care:
- Diagnoses and treatment of minor injuries and administration of first aid;
- Initial evaluation for allergies;
- Nutritional diagnoses and counseling;
- Orthopedic evaluation of injuries to bones, muscles, and joints within the scope of a primary care practice;
- Initial diagnosis and need for simple physical therapy;
- Illness care;
- Minor procedures;
- Prescriptions for pharmaceuticals as indicated;
- Basic X-Ray;
- Up to 2 POS lab tests (excludes COVID tests) for the following: Urinalysis, pregnancy, flu, streptococcal A, mono, glucose finger stick;
If students need health care multiple times during a semester, they can use their insurance information as usual. Students may reach out to the University Boulevard location at 843-203-2245 for additional information.