Assistant Professor of Education
P843-863-7478 / Eksobolewski@csuniv.edu
Ed. D. 2002 SC State University School Administration
Ed. S. 1996 The Citadel School Administration
M. Ed. 1992 The Citadel School Administration
B. S. 1986 Baptist College Elementary Education
Mrs. Kathy Sobolewski joined the CSU faculty in 2020 after a career as a school principal. As a graduate of “baptist college,” she truly enjoys giving back to the university that guided her in a rewarding career.
Your Purpose. Our Mission.
I go the extra mile for my students by being there for them during their time as a CSU student and afterwards. I stay in contact with many former students and am honored to help them navigate their professional world. Our education goes far beyond the classroom and I take pride in being available to students.Kathy Sobolewski, EdD
- RECOGNITION & HONORS
• Score of “100” on US Federal Report Card, Rollings Middle School of the Arts, 2014.
• SCASA Middle School Principal of the Year, finalist, 2013, 2014.
• Tri County Counseling Association, Principal of the Year, 2013.
• SC ART Education Association, Outstanding Middle School Principal of the Year, 2009.
• Palmetto Gold Award, Rollings Middle School of the Arts, 2004-2007.
• Carolina’s First Palmetto’s Finest, SCASA award for middle level division, 2007
- PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
• “Accountability Conversations”, Berkeley County School District Professional Development Day, Cane Bay High School, 2020.
• “Ten Things You Really Need to Know About Palmetto’s Finest”, SC Middle School Association, Myrtle Beach, SC, 2007
• “Creativity”, Panelist for Spoleto Education Foundation, Charleston, SC, 2006
• “Goal Setting with Students”, SC Middle School Association, Myrtle Beach, SC., 2005.
• “Gender Equity”, presented at the Oxford Roundtable, Oxford University, England, to national leaders in gender equity, 2003.