Get Plugged In
With about 50+ organizations at Charleston Southern University, there are plenty of ways to get involved. Check them out below!
Check with your faculty program chair to inquire about joining these academic organizations.
- Alpha Nu Omega Student Nursing Association
- American Criminal Justice Association
- Association of Charleston Southern Engineering Students (ACSES)
- Association for Computer Machinery
- Athletic Training Club
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Club
- Future Teacher’s Society
- Health Science Club
- Pre-Medicine Club
- Pre-Vet Club
- Psychology Club
- Sefer Literary Magazine
- Club Sport
- Honor Societies
Check with your faculty program chair to inquire about the requirements necessary to join these honor societies.
- Alpha Chi, all academic disciplines
- Alpha Kappa Delta, international sociology honor society
- Alpha Phi Sigma, national criminal justice honor society
- Alpha Sigma Lambda, professional organization for nontraditional students
- Beta Beta Beta, biology
- Psi Chi, national psychology honor society
- Sigma Beta Delta, international business honor society
- Sigma Delta Pi, national Hispanic honor society
- Sigma Tau Delta, international English honor society
- Sigma Theta Tau, nursing honor society
Check with the office of student activities in the Brewer Center to learn more about organizations with service at their core.
- African American Society
- Buc Buds
- Campus Activities Board
- CSU College Democrats
- CSU College Republicans
- International Club
- I 1:7 Anti-Trafficking Club
- Outdoor Adventure Club
- Student Government Association
- Students For Life
- Student Ministry
The office of campus ministries has more information about all ministries open to CSU students. Elevate, the campuswide worship gathering, meets at 8 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Campus Ministries Small Groups
- Campus Outreach
- CRU – Campus Crusade for Christ
- CSU Elevate Band & Worship Dance Team
- FCA – Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- One Accord Gospel Choir & Praise Dance Team
- Render Women’s Ministry
Track Community Service Hours
All student organizations should track their hours in BucImpact throughout the academic year.
- Go to charlestonsouthern.edu, select MYCSU
- Log in using your student ID and Pin
- Select BucImpact from the menu
- Record your service
- Select Community Service Hour Tracking
- Community Service Reports
- Select Community Service Transcript
- CSU students may print a Community Service Transcript at any time
- Community Service Transcripts may be used during your job interview or attached to your resume
- Student organizations receive service credit through BucImpact
- All approved hours are authorized by the student activities office
- Email the Assistant Dean of Student Activities, Tim Grant, to add any service sites to BucImpact
This form is required to be completed by all Charleston Southern University student organizations planning to host an event on or off campus. This form may be also required from other groups at the discretion of the Director of Student Activities.
The student contact may be required to give more information before the event can be approved. All student organizations must follow the guidelines in the Student Handbook.
This form must be submitted two weeks before the date of the event. The student contact will receive an email message with a description of what is approved.
All catering must go through Aramark (email@example.com). Requests for tables must be made with CSU Events (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 business hours prior to the event. Requests for technology must be made through a work order by the organization advisor.