Take college classes while in high school
The Charleston Southern University Scholars Academy is a dual enrollment program for high school juniors and seniors who want to earn college credit while still in high school. These classes are academically challenging and taught from a Christian perspective.
High school students who successfully complete a dual enrollment class will earn three credits toward their college degree. The more classes a student takes while in high school, the sooner he or she will complete college. Students may also apply the courses earned to the college of their choice, but students should contact the registrar of the college to assure application of credits.
High school students who enroll as freshmen the following year at CSU will be automatically eligible to receive a scholarship for the course(s) they took at CSU while in high school.
*The CSU Scholars Academy scholarship is limited up to $1,000 one-time for the first year at CSU.
All courses are taught online, with some available in the traditional classroom setting on the CSU campus.
- Courses offered
Courses are available in Art, Biology, Christian Studies, Communication, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, English, Health, History, Math, Music, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. Courses will vary each semester.
M = Monday; T = Tuesday; W = Wednesday; R = Thursday; F = Friday
- ARAB 110-40 | Arabic for Today’s World | Online
- ARAB 110L-40 | Arabic Culture Online
- BIO 210L-91 | Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab | F 11 – 12:59
- CHEM 110-05 | Concepts of Chemistry | TR 9:30 – 10:50
- CHEM 110-96 | Concepts of Chemistry Lab | R 2:30-4:30
- CHST 111-06 | Survey of the Old Testament | MF 11:00-12:20
- CHST 112-01 | Survey of the New Testament | MWF 8:00-8:50
- CHST 112-04 | Survey of the New Testament | TR 9:30-10:50
- CHST 112-07 | Survey of the New Testament | TR 12:30-1:50
- CSCI 215-01 | Programming in Alice | TR 2:00-3:20
- CSCI 215-02 | Programming in Alice | TR 3:30-4:50
- CSCI 215-61 | Programming in Alice | M 6-9
- ENGL 111-11 | English Comp & Rhetoric I | TR 11-12:20
- ENGL 111-40 | English Comp & Rhetoric | Online
- ENGL 111-61 | English Comp & Rhetoric | M 6:00-9:00
- HEAL 101-01 | Introduction to Public Health | TR 12:30-1:50
- HEAL 201-01 | Personal Dimensions of Health Wellness | MWF 9-9:50
MUSI 101-01 | Intro to Music Therapy | MW 10-10:50
MUSI 171-401 | Music Appreciation | Online
MUSI 171-402 | Music Appreciation | Online
MUSI 171-40A | Music Appreciation | Online
MUSI 171-46 | Music Appreciation | Online
HIST 211-01 | American History I | MWF 8-8:50
HIST 211-02 | American History I | MWF 9-9:50
HIST 212-01 | American History II | MWF 9-9:50
MATH 105-05 | Introduction to Math Structures | TR 2-3:20
MATH 111-40 | College Algebra | Online
MATH 130-05 | Precalculus* | MTRF 12:30-1:20 p.m.
MATH 221-01 | Calculus* | MTRF 12:30-1:20 p.m.
POLI 201-01 | American National Government | TR 9:30 – 10:50 a.m.
PSYC 110-02 | General Psychology | MWF 9:00 – 9:50 a.m.
SPAN 110-02 | Spanish for Today’s World | MWF 9:00 – 9:50 a.m.
SPAN 110-05 | Spanish for Today’s World | MTR 5:00 -5:50 p.m.
SPAN 110L-91 | Hispanics in the US through Art | M 11:00 – 11:50 a.m.
SPAN 110L-92 | Hispanics in the US through Art |. W 11:00 – 11:50 a.m.
SPAN 110L-93 | Hispanics in the US through Art | T 1:30 – 2:20 p.m.
SPAN 110L-94 | Hispanics in the US through Art | M 1:30 – 2:20 p.m.
SPAN 110L-95 | Hispanics in the US through Art | W 1:30 – 2:20 p.m.
SPAN 110L-96 | Hispanics in the US through Art | M 4:00 – 4:50 p.m.
$500 per 3-credit hour course. Financial aid is not available for the CSU Scholars Academy. Textbooks are not included in the tuition cost.
High school juniors and seniors with at least a 3.0 unweighted GPA (4.0 scale) are eligible to apply.
PSAT/SAT/ACT/CLT scores are not required for admission, but are encouraged.