Finish strong for spring semester
By March 26, 2020|
Keeping your mind on your studies is always hard after midterms and Spring Break. Add in the sudden switch to online classes, and the constant news stories about COVID-19 and the flu, and it’s easy to see how you might be tempted to try to slide until the end of the semester.
Whether you are facing the end of your college career or another three years after this semester, now is the time to dig deep, focus and finish strong.
Finishing Strong Tips:
- Keep up with your online schedule. It might sound too simple, but staying on track increases the likelihood of doing well in the course.
- Parker Stubhar in “How to Outwit the Post-Midterm Slump” suggests changing your study location to stay motivated. Find a quiet, out of the way spot to study, or set up virtual study sessions (i.e., Zoom, Collaborate, Skype).
- In “10 Tips to Finish the Semester Strong,” Taylor Farmon suggests taking notes the old-fashioned way, by hand. “Writing notes down compared to typing or recording them increases your chances in remembering the material,” she said.
- When researching, try out scholar.google.com for useful information without the junk.
- If you are really stuck, do the next thing. Often doing the next thing on your list will inspire you to continue. And if you continue doing the next thing, before you know it, you will be finished with the project or paper.
As you finish strong, remember the wisdom of Galatians 6:9: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”