The Career Center
Student Center, 1st Floor
9200 University Blvd., N. Charleston, SC 29406
Suited to Sail
The Suited to Sail Professional Career Closet at Charleston Southern University was established to assist students seeking appropriate and polished clothing to wear during interviews, professional presentations, career events, and internships. Students will have the opportunity to shop through newly purchased pieces and items that have been generously donated by faculty, staff, parents, and community supporters. We, the staff of the Career Center, know and understand that when a person feels confident that they look their best, they can then reflect that confidence in their appearance and attitude toward others.
By offering students the chance to use the Suited to Sail Professional Career Closet, we hope to eliminate certain barriers to success, such as expenses related to clothing purchases and transportation for our students. We know that we may not be able to remove all costs associated with cultivating a professional wardrobe for each student, but we believe this can help lighten the load and decrease the stress leading up to an interview or internship.
- Students will not be limited in the number of times they visit the closet throughout the year, however, there will be a limit on the number of items each student receives.
- Each student is allowed four items from the closet per semester, as supply allows. Those four items must contribute to the formation of a complete outfit.
- Suits count as two items.
- Visits to the closet must be scheduled using the BucCareer Network, powered by Handshake.
- The closet will be unavailable to shop during the summer to allow us the time to organize and evaluate needs for the upcoming year.
Although the primary goal is to help currently enrolled students, we understand the need for some alumni to use the closet as well.
- Alumni will have the opportunity to shop the closet with all of the stipulations listed above through the end of the semester immediately following their graduation. (Spring graduates have until the end of the fall semester).
- Use beyond that time will be at the discretion of the staff of the Career Center and as supply allows.
We thank you for thinking of our students when you are looking to make more space in your closet. Physical clothing donations are accepted year-round through the Career Center; however, we do not accept the following items:
- Underwear and shapewear (however, we will accept NEW dress socks for men)
- Dirty or soiled items
- Children’s clothing
If you would like to make a monetary donation, please feel free to do so on the CSU giving page and select Suited to Sail/Career Closet as your designation.
Those who would prefer to do so can also shop our Amazon Wish List to help us fill in sizing gaps for the closet to better serve all students. You can find that link here!
If you have any questions regarding the Suited to Sail Career Closet, please do not hesitate to contact us by email email@example.com or by phone 843-863-8019, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.