Rooms available for testing, study use for spring
Reflective of the fall semester, vacant classrooms are available for students who seek space for small group study sessions or for synchronous online classes while on Charleston Southern’s campus. The classrooms may also be used for online testing.
In order for students to have fair access as well as ensure COVID-safe practices, a classroom schedule is posted on each door to determine the length of time space may be available.
Due to the success of BUCSAFE protocols last semester, Academic Affairs increased the amount of in-person classes available to students this spring. As a result, classroom space for group or individual study remains limited. For a list of available classrooms, students may check BucMail for the latest campuswide announcement.
Students can also enjoy the following common areas:
- *new* Student Lounge, Student Center, 2nd floor: open 24/7
- Rivers Library: common areas, study rooms
- Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday 1 – 5 p.m.
- Sunday 3 – 10 p.m.
- Littlejohn Parlor: daily 6 a.m. – 3 a.m.
- Social Lounges: Russell East, Russell West, Women’s North, Women’s South
- 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. | gender-specific to hall
- 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. | co-ed
- 11 p.m. – 3 a.m. | gender-specific to hall
- Computer Lab, Russell West, 2nd Floor: open 24/7, co-ed
As outlined in the fall, students must adhere to the guidelines for classroom use. Remember:
- Please limit your time in the classrooms to two hours maximum so that every student has an opportunity to utilize this space.
- Masks must be worn at all times to keep everyone safe.
- No food or drinks allowed in the classrooms.
- Remember to observe the 6’ social distancing rule to avoid becoming a close contact. Please also recognize and follow the maximum occupancy sign posted in each room.
- Do not move furniture.
- Everyone must be able to display the LiveSafe green check mark.
- Please use the spray cleaner and a paper towel to sanitize the desk used during your time in the classroom to preserve cleanliness standards.
- Campus Security Officers will be checking the classroom areas on a regular basis to ensure everyone has a safe environment for studying, taking online courses and completing online tests.
- Don’t forget CSU Chapel will be broadcast each Wednesday at 11 a.m. through Blackboard. Be sure to log in, watch the service, complete the questions and earn your chapel credits for the semester.
- Remember the #BUCSAFE pledge! CSU is committed to a safe learning environment for every student, faculty and staff member.