Dean of the College of Education
Connect with us
Accreditation Information for the College of Education
Charleston Southern University’s accreditation can be found here.
CSU is nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) accredited Charleston Southern University in 2023. CAEP promotes excellence in educator preparation through content and pedagogy, clinical partnerships and practice, candidate recruitment, progression and support, program impact, and quality assurance, and continuous improvement.
Current programs leading to licensure in South Carolina:
- BS Biology Education – Program Approved by SCDE
- BS Early Childhood Education – Program Approved by SCDE
- BS Elementary Education – Program Approved by SCDE
- BA English Education – Recognized by NCTE
- BS Mathematics Education – Recognized with Conditions by NCTM
- BA Music Education – Choral – NASM accredited
- BA Music Education – Instrumental – NASM accredited
- BS Physical Education – Under Review by SHAPE
- BS Social Studies Education – Under Review by NCSS
- MEd – Administration – Under Review by ELCC/NELP
CAEP Accountability Measures
Charleston Southern University announced the launch of Buc Promise, a new renewable schola…READ MORE: CSU announces tuition promise program, first private university in SC to cover tuition
CHARLESTON, S.C. – In the biggest match of the year, the Charleston Southern Buccaneers …READ MORE: Bucs punch ticket to Big South tournament with 2-1 win over Spartans
SALEM, VA. – Charleston Southern Women’s Cross Country finished as Big South Runne…READ MORE: Women’s Cross Country matches best finish in program history at Big South championship