CSU to host event focused on media’s role in elections
Charleston Southern University’s Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership (WCCL) will host an Engage Event on Thursday, September 10 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. to examine the media’s role, function and activity in presidential elections.
CSU alumna Danielle Hensley of WCBD News 2 will interview Shannon Bream of Fox News. Bream will help CSU students understand a broad range of topics related to the media’s coverage of presidential elections by addressing the following:
- Most influential forms of media in recent presidential elections
- The media’s understanding of its role in public perception
- The media’s goals in presidential election coverage
- Professional and fair media coverage
- Media credibility in the 21st Century
Students will be allowed to ask questions immediately following the interview. They will also receive chapel credit.
All participants must register prior to the event and registration is limited to the first 500 registrants. CSU students will receive an invite to their BucMail with the link.
Students who are unable to register may receive chapel credit by viewing the event on Blackboard. The interview will be recorded and made public on CSU social media.