Be fit and have fun
Campus Recreation, located in the Brewer Center, gives students the chance to enjoy sports in a fun, relaxed atmosphere, meet fellow students and get physically fit.
Recreation facilities are open to current CSU students, faculty and staff with a valid CSU ID. You MUST present your ID prior to entering the facility each time.
Brewer Center Hours
Monday – Thursday: 6:30 a.m. to midnight
Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 2 p.m. to midnight
Closed during Chapel and home football games.
- Flat Screen Television with Cable
- Vending Machines
- Water Fountains located in the main hallway outside the gym
- Couches and Chairs
- Ping-Pong Table
- Pool Tables
- Air Hockey Table
Weight Room/ Fitness Center
- Free weights: Dumbbells-Urethane hexagonal set 5-100 lbs 5 lb. increments
- Cardiovascular Equipment: Life Fitness Treadmills-9500HR (3) Precor, Life Fitness and Matrix Ellipticals
- Workout machines: Life Fitness, Precor, and Matrix
- G3 Series workout machines: Frame finish, Independent Converging/Diverging motion, Ergo Foam Cushions, Bottle and Towel Holder, Integrated Increment Weights, Round Tubing with Exercise Placards which offer a quick reference to targeted muscle groups and proper machine use
- Chest Press
- Shoulder Press
- Lat Pull down with Attachments
- Seated Row
- Arm Curl
- Flooring: Nike Grind 3/8 inch thick rubberized floor
- Three flat screen TVs
Gymnasium: Full-size basketball court with state-of-the-art Northern Maple wood floor. Our gym is used for basketball, volleyball and wiffleball.
Fitness Studio: Our fitness studio is used for all group fitness classes including, but not limited to: indoor cycling, kickboxing, ABdomination, Zumba, POP Pilates and circuit training.
Restrooms with Showers: You will need to bring your own towel and toiletries. Four showers are located in each locker room.
Intramural sports emphasize group activities with good sportsmanship in a less competitive environment. It’s very easy to get involved! To be eligible to play, participants must be currently registered CSU students, faculty or staff.
All intramural participants will be required to create an account on imleagues.com. imleagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages; please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
imleagues is specifically designed for college intramural departments and features online sign up and scheduling, customizable team pages, message boards and much more.
- Create an imleagues account
- Go to imleagues.com
- Click on the Sign Up link for registration.
- Enter your information, and use your CSU email address (@csustudent.net or @csuniv.edu) and submit.
- You will be sent a confirmation email. Log in to imleagues.com by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
- Charleston Southern University should pop up.
- Click Join School.
- Sign up for an intramural sport
- Log in to your imleagues.com account
- Click on the Charleston Southern University link
- The Current Sports should be displayed toward the bottom of the screen. Click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to pay in (Men’s A, Men’s B, Women, etc.)
- You can join the sport three different ways:
- Create a team (For team captains)
- Captains can invite members to their team in two ways:
- If student has already registered on imleagues: click the invite members link on the team page, search for their name, and invite them
- If student has not yet registered on imleagues: Click the invite members link on the team page, then click the Can’t find someone? Click here to invite by email address, and input the student email address.
- Join a team
- Finding the team and captain name on division page and requesting to join
- Going to the captain’s player card page, viewing his team and requesting to join
- Accepting a request from the captain to join his team
- Join as a Free Agent
The pool is open to current CSU students, faculty and staff. No guests are allowed at the pool at any time.
Questions? Contact Campus Recreation at 843-863-7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclement Weather Pool Policy
- If thunder occurs, the pool will be closed for at least 30 minutes.
- If lightning occurs, the pool facilities will be cleared for at least 45 minutes, and lifeguards will report to the Brewer Center.
- For up-to-the-minute weather updates, follow us on Twitter @Recreation_CSU
Rentals and Reservations
Campus Recreation offers a variety of camping gear/equipment rentals to current CSU students, faculty and staff.
- Camping Equipment
- One-day rate: $6
- Three-day rate: $10
- Seven-day rate: $18
- One-day rate: $8
- Three-day rate: $14
- Seven-day rate: $26
- One-day rate: $7
- Three-day rate: $10
- Seven-day rate: $18
Sleeping Pad (Foam)
- One-day rate: $1
- Three-day rate: $3
- Seven-day rate: $5
Rental items must be returned to the director of campus recreation between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Late Fees
For each day the equipment is late, the renter will be charged two times the rental amount for each item. Late fees will accumulate for up to one week after the date that the equipment was supposed to be returned. At this time, all late fees will be assessed as well as a replacement fee.
- Lost, damaged or stolen gear fees
All rental items must be returned clean and dry. A $20 service charge may be assessed for any items returned wet or dirty. Renters will be held accountable to pay for any repair or replacement cost for any gear that is damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen. Failure to pay late fees, service charges or replacement costs will result in the notification of the dean of students.