Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Learn, apply and share biblical financial concepts
The Center for Personal Financial Management at Charleston Southern University trains and equips CSU students and the campus family with biblical principles of financial wisdom and money management. The College of Business teaches topics such as the biblical view of money, stewardship, budgeting, debt management, investing, charitable giving and wealth management.
CSU’s College of Business launched the Center in Fall 2019 after more than a decade of teaching personal finance in various outlets to the CSU family. The Center provides a four-pronged approach to meeting the needs of our campus:
- Freshman seminar modules and Buc$ense
- Personal financial management courses
- Peer-to-peer counseling for students
- Financial literacy promotion at churches and schools by CSU students
- Why a Center?
The Bible provides lessons that can be applied to personal financial management. Many face financial challenges and everyone should plan for the future. The CSU community can use the Center as a biblically-based toolbox to tackle current challenges and provide counsel to others.
- What are the primary objectives?
- Teach personal financial management from a biblical perspective
- Develop Christian leaders who provide personal financial counsel
- Outreach to the community
- Who can take the courses?
Any CSU student! Traditional and online students may take the personal financial management course as an elective or as part of the liberal arts core in the social sciences.
- What is the Center's primary academic resource?
Mastering Personal Finances, a Biblical Approach by Ron Blue and Boyce Smith is the textbook used in the personal financial management course.
CSU’s Center for Personal Financial Management is affiliated with the Ron Blue Institute because of its mission to advance biblical financial education.
Online financial management resources for students and parents! Coming soon…