Director of Graduate Programs and the Hans A. Nielsen College of Business
- How do I get started?
First, you need to go to CSU’s Online Application and apply for our graduate program of your interest. Then you will send the needed documents for your acceptance.
- Are your programs accredited?
Charleston Southern University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Charleston Southern University.
- When are classes offered, and when can I start?
Our graduate level courses for the program are designed to accommodate the working professional’s schedule. Our graduate students begin classes in the evenings and online.
For traditional on-campus courses, master’s level courses are offered in the evening beginning at 6. Courses meet one night a week.
- What is required to be a full-time or part-time graduate student at CSU?
In order to maintain full-time enrollment status, you will need to be enrolled in at least six credit hours (typically two courses). Part-time status is simply a student enrolled in less than six hours. Most of our graduate students are enrolled in six credit hours per major semester.
- Can I get my MA in organizational leadership completely online?
Courses are delivered online, in the classroom and hybrid. The delivery modes for this degree are very flexible.
- Are there any additional charges required in courses other than the cost of tuition?
There is a cost for books, case studies, and other resources that professors may require.
Some professors elect to use proctoring services such as Proctor U or onsite testing centers. There is a fee for online proctoring services like Proctor U. There may be a fee for using offsite testing centers. More details will be outlined in each professor’s syllabus.
- How does the course work in online courses compare to course work in residential courses?
As per the SACS policy on credit hours, found in the Academic Catalog, the Nielsen College of Business ensures that students are challenged whether they choose online or residential courses. Student learning outcomes are listed on every syllabus, and the outcomes are the same for each course section, regardless of whether the course meets online or face to face.
- Is the GMAT or other graduate entry test required?
In most cases, the GMAT is waived if the admissions committee believes that a student’s educational and work histories demonstrate potential for success in the program. However, as is true in any reputable MA in organizational leadership program, a GMAT may be required to determine whether the applicant has the potential to successfully complete the program.
- What is the typical cost of tuition?
Depending on delivery format, total costs can range from $17,250 to $19,500.
- Online courses cost $1950 per 3-credit hour course
- On-campus courses cost $1725 per 3-credit hour course
- What is the fastest time to completion of this degree?
A student can complete the MA in organizational leadership degree online or on-campus in as little as 5 semesters.
- What is the maximum time to complete this degree?
The maximum allowed time to finish the degree is six years.
- Is Financial Aid available?
Yes. Find out more here.
Please contact the graduate director at email@example.com.