Financial Aid Office
9200 University Blvd., North Charleston, SC 29406
Quality, affordable education
We are excited you have chosen Charleston Southern University. We understand that funding a college education is a major investment, and we strive to offer students a quality education at the lowest possible cost.
Financial aid is available for students attending college through grants, work-study, scholarships and loans. Federal financial aid is awarded to families based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
|Accelerated and Regular Sessions, 12 – 18 hours, flat rate||$13,000|
|Day or Evening, Accelerated, 1 – 11 hours, per credit hour||$470|
|Summer or May term, per credit hour||$470|
|Tuition, per credit hour, over 18 hours||$470|
|Online course, per credit hour||$490|
|BS in Organizational Management, per credit hour||$490|
|BS in Criminal Justice, Accelerated, Online, per credit hour — tuition discount applied||$392|
|BS in Nursing, Accelerated, per credit hour||$650|
|BS in Nursing, Traditional, flat rate||$13,000|
|MA in Organizational Leadership, Traditional & Blended, per credit hour||$550|
|MA in Organizational Leadership, Online, per credit hour||$625|
|MS in Organizational Management, Traditional & Blended, per credit hour||$625|
|MS in Analytics, per credit hour||$625|
|MS in Project Management, per credit hour||$625|
|MS in Supply Chain Management, per credit hour||$625|
|MS in Human Resource Management, Traditional and Blended, per credit hour||$550|
|MS in Human Resource Management, Online, per credit hour||$625|
|Master of Education, per credit hour||$450|
|MBA, Traditional and Blended, per credit hour||$550|
|MBA, Online, per credit hour||$625|
|MS in Computer Science, per credit hour||$500|
|MS in Criminal Justice, per credit hour||$500|
|MS in Clinical Counseling, per credit hour||$600|
|Master of Athletic Training, per credit hour||$500|
|MS in Nursing, per credit hour||$625|
|MS in Biology, per credit hour||$600|
|MS in Physician Assistant Studies, per term||$15,500|
|Doctor of Education in Leadership, per credit hour||$583|
- Residence Hall Charges
The following fees include room & meals for major semesters:
- White Level (5 resident suite/3 residents per room) $5,200
- Blue Level (5 resident suite/2 residents per room) $5,400
- Gold Level (4 resident suite/2 residents per room) $5,600
- Platinum Level (4 resident suite in new residence hall) $6,000
The following fees include room & meals for summer or maymesters:
- Summer Session $1,250
- May Term $750
- Summer Bridge $1,875
- Course Fees
- Lab Fee (for all courses with laboratory, physical education activity, art and other courses specified in catalog) $50
- Directed Teaching $80
- Nursing Clinical Fee (BSN – per semester) $1,000
- Physician Assistant (one-time fee in semester 1) $1,500
- Athletic Training Clinical (per semester) $500
- Music, 1-hour private lesson (includes practice room, per week) $400
- Music, 30-minute private lesson (includes practice room, per week) $200
- Class instruction in Music Performance $65
- General & Miscellaneous
- Application Fee – Paper (one-time, nonrefundable – including military) $40
- Application Fee – Online $20
- Challenge Exams & other special exams $35
- Graduation Fee $115
- Late Graduation Request Fee $50
- Graduation Reapplication Fee$50
- Transcript $10
- Vehicle Permit Card (valid from Sept. 1 – Aug. 31) $15
- Student ID Card replacement Fee $10
- Athletic Training, Music Therapy & Nursing Insurance (assessed annually) $16
Enrollment Deposit – New Students $300
NOTE: Tuition charges and fees are subject to change, pending Board of Trustees’ approval.
Payment Information FAQs
- What is the number to Student Accounts?
Our toll free number is 1-866-248-0445 or 843-863-8058.
- What are the hours for the cashier’s window?
Monday – Friday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. The cashier’s window is located in the Hunter Center, view our campus map for details.
- Based on my recent financial aid award letter, it appears that my total costs for the upcoming academic year will not be completely covered by my financial aid award. What other options are available to pay my balance?
There are alternative funding sources for students to consider.
Making your monthly payment: Parents can log in here, or students can log into your MyCSU account, select the Student Tab across the top. Select Financial from the left-hand menu and click on the My Payment Plan link. To make a payment: Use the My Payment Plan (MPP) payment option at the top of the page. This will credit your plan accurately and prevent late fees from applying. You may also contact CSU Student Accounts via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 843-863-8058.
Once you have registered for classes, the Student Accounts Office also accepts payments online here.
- Can I increase my federal direct student loan?
Federal direct student loans have yearly and lifetime limits.
- Can I increase my other loans (i.e., PLUS, private loan)?
Financial aid is subject to maximum budget, which limits how much financial aid a student can be awarded.
- Why do the financial aid awards on my statement not match the financial aid award letter I received?
Please check your Financial Aid Live account through MyCSU to confirm that you do not have any missing documents and that you have accepted your awards, as this could cause awards to not reflect on your statement. Please be aware that if you are awarded Federal College Work Study (FCWS), it will not reflect on your statement because it is earned monthly based on the number of hours that you work.
- My loans just came through, and I have a credit balance. I need my refund check as soon as possible! When can I get it?
Refund checks are processed on a weekly basis. We do our best to make sure each student refund check is processed as soon as possible; however, there is no guarantee that every check will be processed. The refund process takes five working days, so a credit must exist five working days prior to the next refund schedule date in order to be considered for a refund. No refunds will be disbursed until a credit exists on your account! Even if you have been approved for a loan, we cannot give you a check until we receive the funds from the loan corporation. You will be required to show your student ID to pick up your refund.
- How do I know when my refund is ready?
When your refund is being processed, your balance on MyCSU (View-Pay my bill) will be zero. Select amount due, (even if zero) and your detailed account information will be provided. If you see a transaction line labeled A/R Refund, the date associated with that line will indicate the date your refund is available. Remember eRefund is required, so the money will be direct deposited into your bank account. Make sure you sign up through MyCSU, eRefund – eStatement.”
- I've been approved for student loans for the entire academic year. Can I go ahead and get a refund check for that entire amount now?
No, your loan money will be disbursed accordingly at the beginning of each term. No exceptions will be made.
- I am going to be a work-study student. Why can't I get a refund now for that award?
Work-study students must work the required hours before receiving any refund check. The purpose of the work-study program is to help pay for your tuition. The majority of students automatically apply their work-study checks to their account. Your work-study wage is taxable. That means if you are awarded $1000.00 as a work-study award, after taxes are removed, your award will be around $940.00. Once you have worked your required hours and your work-study check produces a credit balance on your account, you may be eligible for a refund.
- Can I pay on my account without coming to the cashier window?
Yes, you can pay by credit card online 24 hours a day. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. If you need assistance with completing online payments, please contact Charleston Southern University’s student accounts office at 1-866-248-0445 or 843-863-8058.
- Can I get my refund early if I request it?
The Student Accounts office strives to process refunds as quickly as possible, and therefore special requests are not granted.
- I dropped a couple of classes and now I have a balance, how did that happen?
Your financial aid package is dependent on the amount of hours you are registered for. If you were awarded based on a full-time schedule and drop to less than full-time, you will no longer qualify for full-time financial aid. All awards, loans and charges will be adjusted appropriately.
- I need to get an official copy of my transcript, but I have a remaining balance on my account. Can I get a copy of the transcript now and just pay it back later?
Yes, with My Payment Plan:
- The My Payment Plan allows you to pay off your balance in four or five monthly payments (payment options are based on the option you choose)
- Payment plans are offered for the fall and spring semesters of each academic year
- The enrollment fee of $45/semester is due at the time of enrollment
- Payment plans do not accrue interest on the account and keep your account in good standing as long as payments are current
- All balances are due by the end of the semester and cannot be rolled into the next semester. If your Financial Aid is less than the amount of your charges, we have a payment plan that will allow you to pay the remaining balance due in monthly payments
- All payments are due the first of each month, with a $30 late fee assessed after the fifth
- Balances are updated directly from your student account. Financial aid or charges will adjust your payment plan balance and payments automatically
- Work-study awards cannot be deducted from payment plan balances up-front but will reduce your balance as your paychecks are applied to your account
- You can set up your payments to automatically draft from the payment method of your choice
Making your monthly payment:
- Students log into your MyCSU account, select the Student Tab across the top
- Select Financial from the left-hand menu and click on the My Payment Plan link
- Parents log in through the Parent Link on the Student Accounts webpage
- The My Payment Plan box on the right will allow you to sign-up for a new payment plan and will list any plans you are currently enrolled in
- To make a payment: Use the My Payment Plan (MPP) payment option at the top of the page. This will credit your plan accurately and prevent late fees from applying