Assistant Dean of College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Director of the Criminal Justice Graduate Program
Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership
The Master of Science in public safety management program at Charleston Southern University prepares professionals for advancement in the areas of law enforcement, courts and corrections.
We are here to help you through your journey by fostering your dedication to studies and academic success. Students will be provided with an engaging learning environment and the tools necessary for fostering relationships with peers, faculty, staff and employers.
Step 1 : Review Application Requirements
The following requirements must be met to be eligible to apply for the program:
- Online Application
- Career and Professional Goals Statement (300 – 500 word essay outlining academic and career goals)
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions where undergraduate or graduate courses have been taken.
- * Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) scores. An undergraduate GPA of 3.5 may be substituted for the graduate school entry examination.
- The student has provided the Graduate Center with two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student’s work or academic record. Recommendations from family members are NOT acceptable.
- ONLINE DEGREE ONLY – For all certified and sworn public safety officers and first responders wishing to apply for a tuition discount, click here.
No single criterion will be decisive. Each item will be considered in relation to the applicant’s total qualifications. Although Charleston Southern University has preferred levels for such criteria, each application is evaluated on an individual basis.
* The testing requirement may be waived if previous graduate level courses have been successfully completed. Decisions to waive this requirement will be made on a case-by-case basis by the director of the criminal justice graduate program.
Step 2 : Apply
Apply with our online application here.
Step 3 : Acceptance Requirements
Detailed instructions on how to complete the process will be communicated to candidates upon acceptance.