The Financial Aid Office is comprised of a team of dedicated Christian professionals
who are committed to integrating CSU’s mission and vision by serving its students/parents
by providing financial resources to help met their educational goals. We understand
that the process of financial aid can be complex and time consuming, so we encourage
you to explore our site for more details regarding the aid available at CSU.
Location: Hunter Center located in the front of campus
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. – Monday-Friday
Charleston Southern University is excited about your interest in continuing your education
with our university! CSU understands that funding a college education is a major investment,
and we strive to offer students a quality education at the lowest possible cost.
Financial aid is available for students attending college through grants, loans, work-study,
and scholarships. Making a student’s college education affordable and reachable is
the mission of the Financial Aid Office at CSU. Federal financial aid is awarded to
families based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Fast Facts for Undergraduate Students
- Students who attend CSU can apply for federal, state, institutional and endowed/funded
scholarships, as well as outside scholarships and grants.
- All students who have been accepted to CSU are evaluated for CSU merit-based scholarships.
- CSU has been selected as a Military Friendly School by Victory Media and Military
- CSU is a Yellow Ribbon participant.
- Approximately 95% of our undergraduate students received some type of financial aid
in the form of grants, scholarships and loans. You must be a full time student to
be eligible for institutional grants & scholarships (dependent students under 20 years
of age must live on campus per CSU Policy).
- Approximately 44% of all 2017-18 undergraduate students received Federal Pell Grant
Fast Facts for Graduate Students
Dates to Remember
- October 1, 2018: The FAFSA for 2019/2020 is available for filing. You will use 2017 Tax Information.
- November 15, 2018: Final Deadline to submit documents for the South Carolina Tuition
Grant for the 2018/2019 year.
- January 7, 2019: Spring 2019 classes begin.
- May 6, 2019: Confirm your credit hours and grades needed for scholarship renewals.
- June 30, 2019: Deadline for submission of 2019/2020 FAFSA for SC residents receiving the South Carolina Tuition Grant. Make sure to list CSU
first on your FAFSA to ensure receipt of the South Carolina Tuition Grant.
- June 30, 2019: CSU’s Priority Document Deadline to ensure timely processing of financial
aid for the upcoming Fall 2019 semester.
- August 26, 2019: Fall 2019 classes begin.
- October 1, 2019: The FAFSA for 2020/2021 is available for filing. You will use 2018 Tax Information.
- November 15, 2019: Final Deadline to submit documents for the South Carolina Tuition
Grant for the 2019/2020 year.
- January 13, 2020: Spring 2020 classes begin.