Get Plugged In
With about 50+ organizations at Charleston Southern University, there’s plenty of ways to get involved. Check them out below!
- Academic Organizations
Check with your faculty program chair to inquire about joining these academic organizations.
- Alpha Nu Omega Student Nursing Association – email
- American Criminal Justice Association – email
- Association for Computer Machinery – email
- To bring together those who share an interest in computers.
- Association of Charleston Southern Engineering Students (ACSES) – email
- Bringing Engineering and Math students together to serve our community.
- College National Association for Music Education
- Future Teacher’s Society – email
- For all of CSU’s future educators.
- Instagram: @ftscsu
- Health Promotion Club
- Health Science Club – email
- Physical Education Club
- Pre-Medicine Club – email
- Instagram: @csupremedclub
- Pre-Pharmacy Club
- Pre-Vet Club – email
- Devoted, caring, passionate students that want to share their knowledge and love for animals through fellow students and community outreach.
- Instagram: @csu.prevetclub
- Psychology Club – email
- Instagram: @csupsychclub2021
- Spanish Club
- Campus Media
The student literary magazine is housed in the English department. All students are welcome to submit items for consideration.
- Graduate Student Organizations
- Athletic Training Club – email
- CSU PA Student Leadership Organization
- Greek Student Organizations
- Alpha Delta Pi – email
- Alpha Epsilon Delta – email
- An honor society that recognizes the academic excellence of health pre-professional students.
- Instagram: @aedcsu
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- Alpha Phi Alpha – email
- Delta Sigma Theta – email
- Kappa Alpha Psi
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. – email
- Omega Psi Phi – email
- Sigma Gamma Rho – email
- Sigma Tau Delta – email
- Sigma Tau Delta is an English honor society on CSU’s campus. We exist to encourage excellence in all aspects of the English discipline, including language, literature, and literacy.
- Instagram: @sigmataudelta_csu
- Honor Societies
Check with your faculty program chair to inquire about the requirements necessary to join these honor societies.
- Alpha Chi, all academic disciplines
- Alpha Kappa Delta, international sociology honor society
- Alpha Phi Sigma, national criminal justice honor society
- Alpha Sigma Lambda, professional organization for nontraditional students
- Beta Beta Beta, biology
- Psi Chi, national psychology honor society
- Sigma Beta Delta, international business honor society
- Sigma Delta Pi, national Hispanic honor society
- Sigma Tau Delta, international English honor society
- Sigma Theta Tau, nursing honor society
- Service Organizations
Check with the office of student activities in the Brewer Center to learn more about organizations with service at their core.
- African American Society – email
- Promote diversity, provide education, and serve our community.
- Instagram: @csu.aas15
- Campus Activities Board – email
- The Campus Activities Board is a student-run organization that plans events for students and works with the student activities office. CAB enhances and unifies the campus community by providing well-balanced, quality events in response to students’ needs and interests. The board meets weekly and opens its doors to new members each semester.
- CAB CONSTITUTION
- Charleston Southern Film Society – email
- Charleston Southern Film Society exists to introduce students to a wide world of film through viewing and discussing significant films, the worldviews expressed, and a Biblical response to the film’s ideas and themes.
- Instagram: @csu.filmsociety
- Charleston Southern Pre-Dental Club
- CSU College Republicans – email
- CSU Dance Club
- CSU Rotaract Chapter – email
- CSU Surf Club
- International Club – email
- To embrace, learn and appreciate different cultures around the world.
- Instagram: @csuinternationalclub
- I 1:7 Anti-Trafficking Club – email
- Raises awareness for human trafficking by advocating, educating, and fundraising.
- Instagram: @csu_antitrafficking
- Outdoor Adventure Club – email
- To glorify God in nature through fun and service.
- Instagram: @csu.oac
- Student Government Association
- Students For Life – email
- We are a pro-life organization that strives to create a network of support and safety for pregnant or new mothers on campus. We want to make CSU a school where no mother feels the need to get an abortion.
- Instagram: @studentsforlife_csu
- The Odyssey Online
- African American Society – email
- Student Ministry
The office of campus ministries has more information about all ministries open to CSU students. Elevate, the campuswide worship gathering, meets at 8 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Campus Outreach
- Charleston Wesley Foundation
- CRU – Campus Crusade for Christ
- CSU Elevate Band & Worship Dance Team
- CSU Veteran’s Ministry
- FCA – Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- One Accord Gospel Choir & Praise Dance Team – email
- Ratio Christi
- Render Women’s Ministry
Track Community Service Hours
All student organizations should track their hours in BucImpact throughout the academic year.
- Go to charlestonsouthern.edu, select MYCSU
- Log in using your student ID and Pin
- Select BucImpact from the menu
- Record your service
- Select Community Service Hour Tracking
- Community Service Reports
- Select Community Service Transcript
- CSU students may print a Community Service Transcript at any time
- Community Service Transcripts may be used during your job interview or attached to your resume
- Student organizations receive service credit through BucImpact
- All approved hours are authorized by the student activities office
- Email the Assistant Dean of Student Activities, Tim Grant, to add any service sites to BucImpact
This form is required to be completed by all Charleston Southern University student organizations planning to host an event on or off campus. This form may be also required from other groups at the discretion of the Director of Student Activities.
The student contact may be required to give more information before the event can be approved. All student organizations must follow the guidelines in the Student Handbook.
This form must be submitted two weeks before the date of the event. The student contact will receive an email message with a description of what is approved.
All catering must go through Aramark (firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for tables must be made with CSU Events (email@example.com) at least 48 business hours prior to the event. Requests for technology must be made through a work order by the organization advisor.