Office of the Registrar
9200 University Blvd., N. Charleston, SC 29406
Registering for classes
Students are required to be enrolled and registered for classes prior to the first day. Check the academic calendar for registration dates, deadlines and priority classification.
Most current students can register ONLINE at MyCSU during registration dates. You must have a current CSU ID and a pin number to register. If you do not know your ID or PIN, you may obtain them online through MyCSU. Be aware that all students must complete the online Registration Agreement before any registration can occur. Log into your MyCSU account and click on Academics to complete this. Furthermore, all undergraduate students, except for those majoring in CAPS online majors, must contact their advisors for clearance prior to registering. Your registration period is determined by your classification. CAPS online majors will have their courses approved by their advisor after they register online.
Students who may not use MyCSU to register include freshmen, students in the Bridge program, students on academic probation and students with a hold blocking registration. If you are in one of these categories, please contact your advisor for assistance in registering.
Dropping or Adding Classes
- To officially add a course, you should log into your MyCSU account. Click on Academics and select Course Search. Add courses by placing a check in the box of the course and click on add courses at the bottom.
- To officially drop a course, click on Academics, then click on add/drop courses, then place a check in the box of the course and click drop selected courses at the bottom.
- For students taking traditional courses, if you cannot use MyCSU to drop or add yourself, you will need to take a completed Drop/Add form to your advisor. Once approved by your advisor, turn the form into the Registrar’s Office for processing. During the summer if your advisor is unavailable, email the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com to complete your request. You must use your Bucmail account for this correspondence.
- For students taking online courses, if you cannot use MyCSU to drop or add yourself, please email your advisor for assistance. If your advisor is unavailable, email the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- You must use your Bucmail account to correspond with any office on campus. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the official last date to register or add/drop classes. If you DO NOT DROP the course(s) by the last date to add/drop classes, you WILL be responsible for all tuition and fees incurred by your registration.
To conveniently serve Charleston Southern University (CSU) students around the clock, CSU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verification of student enrollment status. You can obtain an official Enrollment Verification Certificate at any time via the Clearinghouse Web site at www.studentclearinghouse.org.
- Click on the Students tab
- Click on Enrollment Verify, then click Credit Card Purchase. There is a $2.50 per certificate,
which you can charge to your Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.
- Print your Enrollment Verification Certificate.
This Enrollment Verification Certificate can be presented to health insurance agencies, housing
authorities, consumer product companies, banks, etc., when asked to provide official evidence of enrollment at Charleston Southern University.
Alternately, you may also go to: www.enrollmentverify.org
Choose current enrollment for $2.50 and complete the required information.
The Clearinghouse will also process paper student loan enrollment verification forms that you receive by mail or from students. Mail these forms to:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 220
Herndon, Virginia 20171
Companies requesting enrollment verifications can contact us at:
• Phone: 703-742-4200 (M-F, 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, EST)
• Fax: 703-742-4239
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Web: www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Withdrawing from courses (after drop/add)
To officially withdraw from a course: log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab, click on Courses and Grades on the left, click on Class withdraw form on the right and fill out the information.
- To officially withdraw from all of your courses: log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab, click on Forms on the left, click on Go to the Withdrawal form on the right and fill out the form. The Registrar’s office will collect your grades and last dates of attendance, if applicable. If you officially withdraw before drop/add ends you will not be responsible for tuition and fees. All offices will be notified as needed when you officially withdraw.
- Officially withdrawing from the University
- To officially withdraw from the University: log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab, click on Forms on the left, click on Go to the Withdrawal form on the right and fill out the form. The Registrar’s office will collect your grades and last dates of attendance, if applicable. If you officially withdraw before drop/add ends you will not be responsible for tuition and fees. All offices will be notified as needed when you officially withdraw.
- Understanding that extraordinary circumstances arise on rare occasions which may preclude a student from completing an academic term or course, the University has established a Financial Appeals Committee. In these situations, this Committee may waive the refund rules as stated in the catalog, and charges may be adjusted. Petitions to appeal for such an exception may be submitted to Student Accounts either by mail, fax, or in person. All appeals will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Your appeal will be accepted for review by the Student Accounts Office once all information is complete and required documentation has been received. The petition will then be presented to the Financial Appeals Committee for decision. The Committee meets once a month and will review appeals received five business days prior to the meeting. Appeals received within four business days, or less, will not be reviewed until the next month’s meeting. For more information click here: Student Appeals.